Scrolling problem reported in Chrome

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Appdev Theme Support Scrolling problem reported in Chrome

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sq2d

Hello,

Our client has reported that one of their staff had encountered a glitch with their website (which we created using AppDev) where they could not scroll the site when viewed in Chrome on a Mac from both their home & work. They also reported the following error in the browser console:

Uncaught TypeError: Property ‘scrollTo’ of object [object global] is not a function jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:5
    event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead. jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘length’ of undefined jquery.stellar.min.js?ver=0.6.2:2
    Uncaught TypeError: Property ‘scrollTo’ of object [object global] is not a function jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:5

We have not encountered this type of glitch before ourselves. Any thoughts or ideas? I will post the website link in a follow-up private post.

Regards,
    Frank

sq2d
    This reply has been marked as private.
    sq2d

Follow up:

The client staff member who experienced the glitch was on Mac Chrome 32.0.1700.1072 and we are on Mac Chrome 33.0.1750.152. But I don’t recall experiencing that glitch even when we were on earlier versions of Chrome.

For the time being, I used the recommendation found in the following forum thread which was to Disable Smooth Scroll found in Theme Options > General.

https://www.livemeshthemes.com/support/forums/topic/site-scrolling/

I would love to be able to continue using Smooth Scroll in Chrome (& Safari), but we’ll have to try again if & when our client can update their Chrome version and test. Of course Chrome 33 has the font display bug but that’s already been discovered here in the forums.

Regards,
    Frank

Ernesto

Hi, you might also want to try disabling all of your plugins to see if one of them is causing the glitch.

Raghavendra

Cannot reproduce this. Of course, I am using the latest version of Chrome. Is there is a particular reason why the user did not upgrade their browser? The font display bug is not a worry if you apply the following fix –

https://www.livemeshthemes.com/support/forums/topic/occasional-fonts-display-issue-on-chrome-33-build/

Worst, they can do a refresh/resize browser to display on fonts even on sites which do not have the fix applied.

BTW, we have had the theme for quite some time but never heard about this bug even with earlier version of Chrome. No one reported so far so not sure we can reproduce this at all even if tested with older version of Chrome.

sq2d

Thanks for the replies!

As we did not experience the issue ourselves, we couldn’t replicate it either. The user either may not have had a chance to update their Chrome or was working in a controlled environment where they are particular about the versions they are using. We have only had that one report but figured if one person experienced it then others may too. For now, turning off Smooth Scroll seems to be the fix for the time being.

I found this one other thread in the forums that seems similar, although for the Agile theme:

https://www.livemeshthemes.com/support/forums/topic/scrolling-on-chrome-issue/

However, all subsequent responses are private, so there is no indication of potential cause or resolution.

Regards,
    Frank

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Appdev Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.