Revolution Slider Slide Getting Cut Off

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Appdev Theme Support Revolution Slider Slide Getting Cut Off

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    It appears that the slides we create for the Revolution Slider on the homepage should be at least 1920 x 600 pixels. We created slides with those specific dimensions but the sides are getting cut off. Is there a different size we should be using? Thank you.

This reply has been marked as private.
    Nexus

Appears the issue is same as this https://www.livemeshthemes.com/support/forums/topic/front-page-stretch-issue-revolution-slider-image-size-issue/

and this https://www.livemeshthemes.com/support/forums/topic/blog-sidebar-favicon-homepage-slider/

I have explained what needs to be done in detail in these posts. Hope that will help. Please get back to me if you need further assistance. Thanks!

Hi Nexus,
    Thank you for your response! So if we wanted to keep the text embedded in the image (I’m a bit of a newbie so learning the grid system for Revolution Slider seems a bit daunting) it sounds like the best way to do that would be to ensure all of our text and any imagery we need to display (like the cell phone screenshots) is within the 1140 x 350 pixels area? Is that accurate?

Currently, I have changed the slider settings to the above dimensions and it looks okay on my laptop now for the most part but I’m guessing on a really wide screen this won’t look very good at all.

Also, the above threads mention images at 1920 x 450 and you say the height of the slider is 350 pixels. But in the documentation I read it said the sliders should be at least 1920 x 600. I’m still a little confused as to what we should be doing then. Creating the images at 1920 x 600 but having the slider settings at 1140 x 350? I tried to look up the 1140 grid but from what I see it’s been retired.

Thank you for any more clarification you can provide.

Nexus

The height really doesn’t matter here only the width matters. All I am saying is, you should put the text within 1140 grid and not beyond that. The 1140 grid starts from the logo on the left and ends at the last menu item at the right. Anything beyond that can get cut off in smaller devices.

And If you put the text within the image, there is no way for the revolution slider to know that it is text. I would suggest you move your text to new layer in the revolution slider, or if you want to keep the text embedded in the image, you have to put the text in the middle. There is difference between text layers and text embedded within image. We have used text layers in our demo site (try resizing the browser and see how the text layer adjust to the new resolution).

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Gotcha. That definitely helps, thank you! Have a great weekend and thanks again for a great theme.

Raghavendra

Glad that helps. You have a good weekend too 🙂 Thanks!

This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

The issue with revolution slider is resolved (had to choose the same align/position for text layers of both heading and the text – the boxes that indicate the position/alignment in the slider edit window). The logo shows up on the mobile phone. Had to set the Retina Logo in the Site Logo theme options panel.

You guys rock! Thank you!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Revolution Slider Slide Getting Cut Off’ is closed to new replies.