Responsive Format

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    dmcmullen

Apologies – didn’t realize I was asking for a very big thing. The Client simply wants the website to be visible on all devices the same way. In other words, on a tablet – the width of the screen both portrait and landscape. On the iPhone, the width of the iPhone screen in both portrait and landscape. My assumption was that this could be achieved by setting the outside container to be a set width in pixels – but then also shrink to 100% of the viewer size when it came to tablet and mobile.

I was a bit frustrated because the majority of the themes I purchase from Theme Forest nowadays are responsive, but have a check box in the theme options that allows me to turn the responsive feature on/off.

If there is no easy fix just let me know and I’ll figure something out.

Thanks again,

Daryl

dmcmullen
    This reply has been marked as private.
    dmcmullen

LiveMesh,

Again – apologies. I think I’ve figured it out. Set the viewport info to the following:

<meta name=”viewport” content=”width=1200″>

This ensures the site loads perfectly (in Chrome) on both the iPads and the iPhones.

Safari still doesn’t display correctly in portrait mode (both iPads and iPhones) – but does in landscape. If you “pinch the site down” in portrait mode it automatically sizes correctly. So I think this is probably the best it’s going to get.

Thanks again!

livemesh
    Keymaster

Glad you figured it out. Thanks for letting me know. I think this issue is best tackled by experimenting with values of the above meta until you arrive at a value which works fine across broad range of devices. It is best to check in analytics the ratio of audience using that browser plus device and optimise appropriately. Sorry my time is limited and I could only do so much in this regard.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.