Responsive CSS

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cattopp

Hi there,

I’ve created a CSS id for the content of one of my blog posts, to change the background colour.

http://twotensolutions.com/4-photography-tips/

I’ve just checked it on my phone, and it’s not responsive like the rest of the site.

Could you let me know where I need to add my code into the responsive CSS file to make sure it grabs this section?

Thanks!
    Cathy

livemesh
    Keymaster

This is happening because you have set the width of the div using inline style which overrides the responsive behavior of the theme. You can remove the style you have set (which will make the div automatically responsive) or you have to override the width for the other resolutions in the custom css. Please put the following code to the custom css tab of the theme options and change the width value to your liking.

@media only screen and (min-width: 769px) and (max-width: 1024px){
    #purple-box {
    width: 450px !important;
    }
    }

@media only screen and (min-width: 480px) and (max-width: 768px) {
    #purple-box {
    width: 450px !important;
    }
    }
    cattopp

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response!

I’ve taken the inline code out, and added it in via the Custom CSS, but it didn’t fix the problem.

I’ve also added in the code above to my Custom CSS, and that’s not helping either.

Thanks for you help

Cheers,
    Cathy

livemesh
    Keymaster

Cathy – can you share the site URL and a wordpress login here in a private message so that I can make the required change. Thanks!

cattopp
    This reply has been marked as private.
    livemesh
    Keymaster

Cathy,

I have changed the width to 92% instead of 739px. With that change those boxes will be responsive automatically. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.