Removing Extinct Custom Post Types

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Extinct Theme Support Removing Extinct Custom Post Types

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

We’re working with Extinct in a local demo environment. Upon installation and activation the theme adds several custom post types (i.e. Testimonials, Pricing Plan, Portfolio, Team Profiles).

Some of these custom post types are not something that will be used in the live version of the project being worked on (we use plugins for these) and have been trying to remove the unwanted post types via the child theme functions.php.

None of the attempts have been successful. Usually we can unhook custom post types by using a snippet like the one below but unfortunately it doesn’t work with Extinct:

function remove_parent_theme_features() {
    // Remove Custom Post Types
    remove_action( 'init', 'mo_register_pricing_post_type' );
    }
    add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'remove_parent_theme_features', 10);

Could you advise the best way that we can remove unwanted post types?

EDIT:

It appears your support forum is butchering my attempt at a code snippet. Here is the pastebin link..

Remove Custom Post Type Snippet – Pastebin

Raghavendra

Unfortunately the hook that you are using is not the right one since we have not hooked those functions to the init action directly.

Can you just have a function defined in your child theme named mo_register_pricing_post_type() which does nothing. That way, the parent function with the same name will get overridden and no pricing custom post type will be registered.

Hey meteorite,

That is a very odd way to handle that… I can honestly say I’ve never had to do that with a theme before.

Just added the following to the child theme and it did indeed remove the custom post type:

function mo_register_pricing_post_type() {
    }

Thanks. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Removing Extinct Custom Post Types’ is closed to new replies.