Randomizing Photo Gallery

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    tsubasa_gaki

Is it possible to have photos to be shown randomly when using photo galleries? If so, how?
    Thank you.

Veena

Pls modify the file gallery-functions.php(framework/functions/gallery-functions.php) line no:13 as below –

$query_args = array('post_type' => 'gallery_item', 'posts_per_page' => $args['posts_per_page'], 'filterable' => $args['filterable'],'orderby' => 'rand', 'paged' => $paged);

tsubasa_gaki

Hi!
    I’ve modified the code as above but there were no changes. Here’s the link to the website I’m working on http://naitsa.ca/topmodel/. Should I change or add anything else? Thanks.

Veena

Can you pls mention which shortcode is using there to display gallery items?
    The above mentioned changes will work on gallery page.For shortcodes we need to make changes in a different file.

tsubasa_gaki

This is the code I’m using on the page section:

[show_gallery number_of_columns=”4″ post_count=”12″ image_size=”medium” filterable=”false” no_margin=”true”]

Veena

Pls modify file gallery-functions.php(framework/functions/gallery-functions.php) line no:143 as below –

$loop = new WP_Query(array('post_type' => 'gallery_item', 'posts_per_page' => $posts_per_page, 'orderby' => 'rand'));

tsubasa_gaki

Still not working. Is there anything I can do? I have also noticed the gallery isn’t opening as lightbox, just linking to the images. Can we fix that too? Thank you.

Veena

It should work, before i have tested the code in my installation.
    Kindly share FTP login credentials, We will check once.

tsubasa_gaki
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena
    tsubasa_gaki
    Veena

Strange, On checking your code is perfect but i failed to understand why it is so.
    Could you pls share a temporary login to your site as a private reply ?

tsubasa_gaki
    Veena

In your Wp Engine site they have disabled Rand function , now we have enabled the same in Wp Engine Advanced Configuration and everything is working fine now.
    You can take a look in this link-
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp_query-orderby-random-not-working

Also we have unchecked “DISABLE HOVER ON GALLERY” option in themeoptions > Gallerypage for lightbox to work.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Randomizing Photo Gallery’ is closed to new replies.