Primary menu not working correctly on iPad

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Appdev Theme Support Primary menu not working correctly on iPad

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rreben

Hello dear LiveMesh Team,

I have a problem with the primary navigation (menu 1) on my website

http://www.convincingapps.com

Everything is working correctly on the mac and on windows browsers but with safari on the iPad I have an issue:

If the user taps on a menu item, then the menu item is highlighted and the “underscore” moves to this menu item. [b]However the page content is not changed. This does only happen when the user taps on the menu item a second time. (taps twice)[/b]

Raghavendra

I noticed that this is happening on the demo site as well. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I am surprised no one else noticed this before – may be it got introduced in later versions of the theme. Pls give me a couple of days and I will get back to you with the fix. Thanks again.

rreben

Hi meteorite,

Thanks for looking into this!!!

As I use app dev to promote an iPad app, it is of course important that the site is working properly on this device.

Have you been able to fix this?
    cu RR

Raghavendra

Sure will get back to you in next few hours or so and have this fixed. Thanks for reminding me.

Raghavendra

Sorry this took so long. It has been some time since I visited this piece of code and had to take that extra time to resolve this bug. Pls make a change in js/main.js file at line number 439 to wrap the next 4-5 lines of code with this change –

if (!(/Android|webOS|iPhone|iPad|iPod|BlackBerry|IEMobile|Opera Mini/i.test(navigator.userAgent))) {
                list_element.not(".hover-bg").hover(function () {
                    move(this);
                }, noop);

$(this).hover(noop, function () {
                    move(current);
                });
            }

Basically hover effect does not make sense on mobile device since there really is only touch/click event there and hence I disabled that animating line hover on menu items for mobile devices.

rreben

Thanks a lot for this fix!! Great support! Thanks again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Primary menu not working correctly on iPad’ is closed to new replies.