Posts carousel: more then 5 items in a row and usage of thumbnails

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums SiteOrigin Widgets Support Posts carousel: more then 5 items in a row and usage of thumbnails

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Inge Valstar
    Participant

I’m using the posts carousel widget. I try to show only the featured image of woocommerce products.

I want to use more then 5 items in a row. Since this is not possible in the interface, I changed this option in <plugin>/includes/widgets/lsow-posts-carousel-widget/lsow-posts-carousel-widget.php to test if it might then be possible. I now see more images in a row, but autoscroll stopped working and also navigation is gone.

Next to this, I set Image Size to a small thumbnail size. This is the size I see on the screen, but the largest image is used. I load 60+ posts. Apparently lazy loading is not used, so this causes my page to render real slow.
    BTW: with default of max 5 items per row, the images are shown larger on larger displays; they don’t use the thumbnail setting.

What I actually would like to see happening: show images in the format of my choice, as many as fit in the container. This way the images are not reduced in size on lower resolution screens, which is now the case because it tries to fit # of items per row.

Can these requirements be met in some way?

Inge Valstar
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

I changed the posts per page to 50 and now we can additional issues appearing in the page with required navigation.

Regarding image sizes, can you disable jetpack photon module and see if that makes a difference? At present, looks like the image thumbnail html is being handled by Jetpack and things can take time to display if it is trying to query wordpress.com CDN for images.

Inge Valstar
    Participant
    Raghavendra
    paul bunn
    Participant
    Veena

Hi paul bunn,

Can you pls open a new thread with a temp login to your site as a private msg? we ll take a look.

The topic owner can see the msg even if you mark it as a private reply. So kindly open a new thread.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘SiteOrigin Widgets Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.