post_snippets_carousel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    palmtree
    Participant

Hi Code Master!

With the latest theme update in September, I have trouble connecting old and new theme because I had customized the old one a lot (with child theme). One of them is post snippets carousel. Attached is what I want to do. And the code below was how I achieved the time stamp part in “post-functions.php” which doesn’t exit now… Could you tell me what to do here?

if (!function_exists('mo_entry_published')) {

function mo_entry_published($format = "Y年n月j日") {

$prefix = '<i class="icon-calendar6"></i>';

$link = '<span class="published">' . $prefix . get_the_time($format) . '</span>';

return $link;

$published = '<span class="published">' . $prefix . ' <abbr title="' . sprintf(get_the_time(esc_attr__('l, F, Y, g:i a', 'mo_theme'))) . '">' . sprintf(get_the_time($format)) . '</abbr></span>';

return $published;
        }
    }
    Raghavendra

The shortcodes have been moved to the plugin livemesh-theme-shortcodes as mandated by Envato review team.

To customize the shortcodes, it is helpful to take a look at the code of livemesh-invent-shortcodes plugin. For carousel customization, you just need to override the file shortcodes/loop-post-slides.php in your child theme. Pls have a look at the slider-shortcodes.php located in includes/shortcodes/ folder to see how this works.

palmtree
    Participant

Hi there,
    Thanks for your reply.

First of all I could not find “shortcodes/loop-post-slides.php” inside invent theme…
    Does the new invent theme even have a “shortcodes” folder?

Also..

When I went to see “plugins/livemesh-invent-shortcodes/includes/shortcodes/slider-shortcodes.php”, seemingly there is no relevant output code such as date stamp and its prefix icon or text “details” (where I want to modify). Could you once again take a look at the attached image on the original post above?

I appreciate your support.

Raghavendra

The relevant code is in templates/shortcodes/loop-posts-slides.php and related templates located in templates/shortcodes/archive/ folder located in the livemesh-invent-shortcodes plugin. Pls see attached screenshot.

Pls pay attention to calls to methods lins_get_template_part, mo_get_template_part() which let you override the above template files in your child theme by creating the same folder structure as the original file. So by creating a file templates/shortcodes/loop-posts-slides.php in your child theme, you can override the content of the original file located inside the livmesh invent shortcodes plugin. Hope this is clear. This type of customization was not possible in earlier versions of Invent. This is so much easier and almost any part of the theme or related plugins can be modified this way.

palmtree
    Participant

Thanks a lot! I could solve it:)

Raghavendra

Glad to hear that helped.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.