Post Page Sidebar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    maglio
    Participant

I love the default layout of the posts page and individual post pages, but is there a way to have a sidebar on these pages? It seems to ignore them.

Thanks!

Veena

You can add post sidebar in Appearance > widgets .

maglio
    Participant

Yes, I can add widgets to various sidebars in Appearance > Widgets, but what I’m trying to say is that on the WordPress default Posts page (assigned in Settings > Reading) there is no sidebar present. Adding widgets to the Page Sidebar, Blog Sidebar and Post Sidebar does nothing.

Attaching an three-panel screenshot to show you what a few things look like:
    Widgets, Posts page back-end, and Post page front-end.

You’ll see that there is no sidebar in the Posts page in the front-end.
    Is there something missing to show a sidebar here?

Thanks!

Veena

Can you pls share a temp login to your site as a private msg, we will take a look.
    Thanks.

maglio
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veena

Pls check now .
    I have changed template to blog in the page edit window and I have changed the Posts page set in Settings->Reading since it confuses the WordPress into believing that the news page is going to be the home page (like it is in so many wordpress sites). And then changed the page layout for blog page in Themeoptions > Site Layout .

I will strongly recommend you to import the demo data if you are not done so already.

maglio
    Participant

Thank you for the assistance. I can see that the missing piece for me was the Site Layout options. It didn’t occur to me that I needed to go in there and change something.

Thanks for the advice, too!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Post Page Sidebar’ is closed to new replies.