Possible to change permalink "portfolio" to something else?

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Appdev Theme Support Possible to change permalink "portfolio" to something else?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    palmtree
    Participant

Hi Code Master,

I would like to change permalink name being “portfolio” to something else.
    I can choose any name for the “view all portfolios (2,3 and 4col)” page because it’s a normal page output but not for the single portfolio page output with “single-portfolio.php”. It’s always something like /wordpress/portfolio/xxxxx/. I want that name “portfolio” changed to something like “product” for example.

Is there any way?
    I really hope there is some way.

Thank you for your advise.

Raghavendra

With regard to changing the portfolio to service (or something else) for the individual “portfolio” items, can you try changing the value of the slug parameter at line number 201 in the file {theme folder}/framework/presentation/custom-post-types.php from –

'rewrite' => array('slug' => 'portfolio'),

to

'rewrite' => array('slug' => 'service'),

and see if that makes a difference? For this change to reflect, you will have to manually go to Settings > Permalinks in WordPress Admin and refresh your permalink structure before your custom post type will show the correct structure.

palmtree
    Participant

Hi Meteorite,

Thank you it works like a magic!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Possible to change permalink "portfolio" to something else?’ is closed to new replies.