Portfolio to External Link

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jbwa

Hey, there. Theme is incredible. Love using it. I’d like to link any portfolio listing to an external URL – the project_url. I’ve attempted adding $project_url = get_post_meta($post_id); to the thumbnail_functions.php file and then changing the a href from post_link to project_url hoping this would work but to no avail. Do you think you could assist?

livemesh
    Keymaster

Try this in thumbnail-functions.php line number 107 onwards. It works fine.

if (mo_show_image_info($context) || $show_image_info) {
                    $image_info = '';
                    $image_info .= '
    '; if ($context == 'portfolio') { $project_url = get_post_meta($post_id, '_portfolio_link_field', true); $image_info .= '

' . $post_title . '

'; } else { $image_info .= '

' . $post_title . '

'; } ......
    jbwa

Thanks! That worked. However, if there isn’t a project URL than it doesn’t forward to the portfolio URL. For now, I’ll just keep it as is though. Thanks again for your help.

livemesh
    Keymaster

For forwarding to the post link in case project url is not set, you can just change the logic a bit –

$image_info .= '
    '; $project_url = ''; if ($context == 'portfolio') { $project_url = get_post_meta($post_id, '_portfolio_link_field', true); } if (!empty($project_url)) { $image_info .= '

' . $post_title . '

'; } else { $image_info .= '

' . $post_title . '

'; }
    jbwa

Thank you for the help. However, I think I’d rather hire you to complete this for me. Is there a process whereby I can hire your services to assist?

livemesh
    Keymaster

Sorry – I am not available for hire. However, I do my best to help in this forum with minor customizations like the above. If you need me to complete this, pls send out the ftp credentials and wordpress credentials for the site and I can get it done for you. Or I can email you through the modified file(s) as well which you can replace on the server yourself. You can email me through my ThemeForest profile page http://themeforest.net/user/livemesh (bottom right box). Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Enigmatic Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.