Portfolio thumb hover and click on description

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Extinct Theme Support Portfolio thumb hover and click on description

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    ideami

In the portfolio thumbs, when you hover over them, in the bottom part we read the description and if you click, a lightbox appears that shows the image and you can move to the other images,
    but in my case inside my pages there are videos, so what i want that when you click on the descriptions at the bottom of the thumbs, that you dont open the lightbox but instead you enter inside the single portfolio page of that project
    thanks a lot

Ernesto

Hi! Could you please send us a screen of that you wish yo accomplish?

Cheers!

Raghavendra

In the demo site I see that all description text shown on hover leads to the portfolio page directly as seen in this page –

https://www.livemeshthemes.com/extinct/portfolio-3-columns-sortable/

or in the home page Recent Work section too. Only if you click on the plus(+) icon on the far right of the hover, it opens up a lightbox. Is it behaving differently in your site. Have you made any modifications to the source code? Pls post a private message here with the link if things are looking different.

Raghavendra

Looks like in your case too it is the same case. If you need you can hide the lightbox link by using the following custom CSS –

#portfolio-items .image-info .image-info-buttons, .post-snippets .image-info .image-info-buttons { display: none; }

ideami

perfect, this works great,
    question, i really like that on desktop, hovering shows me the description of the thumb,
    but on mobile devices hovering doesnt work,
    is there a way to instead of on hover, to show the description/title of the project below the thumb, permanently, not on hover, that way both mobile and non mobile users can always see what the content is gonna be inside, i really wanna have the description of project below
    thank you so much

Ernesto

Hi! You can try entering the following code in the Custom CSS Section of your Theme Options Panel:

.image-info {opacity: 1!important}
    Cheers!

ideami

thank you..
    thats ok but
    http://incredivid.com/
    the title sometimes appears white, other times brown..
    how can i make sure its always white?

and is there any way to have this description not inside the image, but below the image? that would be even better

finally please we need help with the logo, lots of people having this problem, the logo goes distorted or disappears on mobile devices, i used the suggested code and it goes distorted

thank you

ideami

so
    http://incredivid.com/portfolio-4-columns-sortable/

– i need title to be always white, not brown sometimes, odd..
    – and can i have that title and category below image not over

Raghavendra

Have you considered hiring someone to customize the theme. Our time and resources are limited and we can only provide very limited customization support here. Some of these changes like changing color, hiding elements can be handled by someone with reasonable CSS knowledge.

For displaying title, summary in the portfolio pages, pls try the theme options->Portfolio Page tab where you have options like Show Portfolio Title in Portfolio Page and Show Summary Along with Portfolio Title in Portfolio Page.

ideami

i try to change title color to always be white here

.image-info {
    background: #000000; background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8); opacity: 0; filter: alpha(opacity=0); }
    .image-info h3 { position: relative; top: 20%; padding: 5px 0 0 10px; margin: 0 40px 0 0; font-size: 13px; font-weight: 500; line-height: 24px; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing: 1px; }

but doesnt work
    it keeps coming red brown sometimes

http://incredivid.com

ideami

mmm
    looks like somebody in your team logged in with data i sent and they corrected all titles to be white, thats great but please i need to be told where in code that is, in case i want to change it to any other color or change the subtitle as well, please let me know where in code you changed something to make it always white, thanks so much 🙂

ideami

actually no the problem keeps happening
    http://incredivid.com/
    titles sometimes white, sometimes red,
    where in code can i go to make them always white (and also control color of subtitles)
    thanks so much

ideami

i tried this now, maybe this works, what do u think, is .terms the one for the category

.post-title {color: #ffffff !important}
    .terms {color: #ffffff !important}

.post-title a {color: #ffffff !important}
    .terms a {color: #ffffff !important}

Raghavendra

Pls paste the same in Custom CSS tab in theme options and check if that solves it, although I would recommend you prefix the CSS selectors a little more instead of using this in a generic way across the whole site.

ideami

what do you mean to prefix them a little more, could you give me what prefix to use to affect only the thumbnail titles and subtitles?

.post-title {color: #ffffff !important}
    .terms {color: #ffffff !important}

.post-title a {color: #ffffff !important}
    .terms a {color: #ffffff !important}

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.