Portfolio Snippets on Home Page 1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Shane

Hi Support,

Just an enquiry regarding the layout of the portfolio snippets on Home Page 1. Is there any way of fitting 5 columns (5 snippets) neatly in 1 row and have the ‘snippets’ size themselves to suit?

I have edited the short code for Home Page 1 to layout ‘5 columns’ and ‘5 posts’ but the resulting layout is always a maximum of 3 columns (so for 5 posts it will display a row of 3 and a row of 2).

Apologies if this is a n00bish enquiry, but it’s driving me insane. Thanks in advance for your help.

Shane.

livemesh
    Keymaster

Not well documented – my mistake, the number of columns possible are 2,3 and 4 (6 is possible too but would be too small and hence not supported). Since we move to a twelve column grid, 5 equal sized columns require custom CSS and hence I stopped supporting it.

Let me know if you still need it and I can come up with some custom code to help achieve it. Thanks

Shane

Thank you for your reply, I would be VERY appreciative if you could help with some coding for a five column row. I apologise for being a nuisance but it does make a big difference to the aesthetics of my layout.

Thank you sooooooooo much for your help.

Shane.

livemesh
    Keymaster

Pls give me a day or two and I will send across this to you. Thanks

livemesh
    Keymaster

Here is solution to the problem you are facing –

Pls modify the file [theme-directory]/framework/functions/utility-functions.php and change the php function below to following –

function mo_get_column_style($column_count = 2) {
        $style_class = '';
        switch ($column_count) {
            case 2:
                $style_class = "sixcol";
                break;
            case 3:
                $style_class = "fourcol";
                break;
            case 4;
                $style_class = "threecol";
            case 5;
                $style_class = "one-fifth";
        }
        return $style_class;
    }

Next, to the custom.css file or the Custom CSS tab in theme options, pls input the following code –

.one-fifth { width: 18.4%; margin-right: 2%;float: left; min-height: 1px;}

and now when you use something like –

[show_post_snippets post_type="portfolio" number_of_columns=5 post_count=10 image_size="small" show_meta=false layout_class="post-snippets full-width-snippets" display_text=false]

you should see five columns aligned along a single row.

Shane

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. I could KISS you!!!! MWAH

Thank you so much, the support you provide and the speed at which you provide it is not a common or expected thing.

You guys are doing things right, I’ll be back and I’ll also be spreading the word.

Thanks again.

Shane.

livemesh
    Keymaster

Glad it helped. Thanks for the kind words.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Enigmatic Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.