Portfolio – show specific categories

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Enticing Theme Support Portfolio – show specific categories

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pim_chris

Hello,
    You made some php changes and gave me a shortcode (“show_post_snippets” with terms and taxonamy) so that I can display specific Portfolio categories. Worked like a charm. However, I’d like a different layout. Instead of the snippets diplaying in columns, I’d like them to display in rows such as on Home Page 6 (see Recent Project Portfolio at the bottom right) [https://www.livemeshthemes.com/home-page-6/].
    Thanks for all the great support.

livemesh
    Keymaster

Hope this is what you are looking for –

[show_custom_post_types post_types=”portfolio” post_count=5 excerpt_count=70 show_meta=”false” hide_thumbnail=”false”]

or simpler, as in home-page-6, you can use –

[show_custom_post_types image_size=”medium” post_count=3 post_types=”portfolio” excerpt_count=150].

Use column shortcodes like [one-half] to display in two columns if you find a single column to be too big for your needs.

pim_chris

Thanks.

With the changed php files (posts-shortcodes.php and layout-manager.php) you provided a couple of weeks ago, the following shortcode allows me to show SPECIFIC Portfolio Categories (in this case “mid-century-modern”). However, I’d like the layout to look more like the Recent Project Portfolio as seen on Home Page 6.
    [show_post_snippets number_of_columns=3 post_count=6 image_size=’small” show_meta=’false’ terms=”mid-century-modern” taxonamy=”portfolio_category” post_type=”portfolio” layout_class=”post-snippets full-width-snippets”]

If I change the shortcode to the following, I do get the layout I want, but I get ALL Portfolio pages instead of the just the ones in the specified Category (aka “terms”):
    [show_custom_post number_of_columns=3 post_count=6 image_size=’small” show_meta=’false’ terms=”mid-century-modern” taxonamy=”portfolio_category” post_types=”portfolio” layout_class=”post-snippets full-width-snippets”]

swasson

Hi – I have a follow up question to this question.  I am interested in creating a 2nd Portfolio page (mainly to list products).  Therefore I think I would create a portfolio category called “products”.

In order to show only the products category on this page, would I add the code you referenced above to the new products page?  [show_custom_post_types image_size=”medium” post_count=3 post_types=”products” excerpt_count=150].

Thanks for your help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Enticing Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.