Portfolio link

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    vtango123

I have created galleries of pictures and each one galley is linked to a portfolio item. Every gallery is grouped in a single page.
    What i am doing right now is when someone is entering my portfolio page and click on a picture goes first to the project details and then using the button view portfolio goes to the page with the gallery of pics (i give the URL of my gallery page there..)
    I wonder if it is possible when you hover over a portfolio item to direct you not to the “project details ” single page but instead to the galley of pictures.

kind regards

Vassilis

livemesh
    Keymaster

Looks like you are saying you have a page with a gallery for each portfolio item which is linked from the project details page. Now to change the link shown on portfolio hover to point to this gallery page instead of the portfolio details page, you will need to make a small code change in the framework/functions/thumbnail-functions.php at line number 119. You need to insert the code $post_link = get_post_meta($post_id, 'mo_portfolio_gallery_link', true); and the code should look like –

if ($context == 'portfolio') {
                        $post_link = get_post_meta($post_id, 'mo_portfolio_gallery_link', true);
                        $video_thumbnail = get_post_meta($post_id, 'mo_video_url_lightbox', true); 

Once you have this code in place, you need to add a custom field named mo_portfolio_gallery_link to each portfolio item in the portfolio edit window with value of this custom field being URL to gallery page. That should do the trick. Pls see here –

http://codex.wordpress.org/Custom_Fields

for more details on custom fields in case you are not familiar with it. Thanks

vtango123

Thanks for your answer…

Unfortunately when i entered the code in this php file the whole site was off (gave me a server error message and a blank page). When i replaced it with the old /thumbnail-functions.php everything went normal…still the problem remains..

send you the modified file to check it…

many thanks

vtango123
    This reply has been marked as private.
    livemesh
    Keymaster

The place the code was inserted is incorrect. Pls extract the attached zip file and upload and see if that helps. Thanks.

vtango123
    livemesh
    Keymaster
    vtango123
    livemesh
    Keymaster
    livemesh
    Keymaster

Pls check the installation. I was not aware that you had disabled the hover function. Should link to the page link from the portfolio item now. Thanks.

livemesh
    Keymaster

BTW, I made the following change at line number 103 – may need it when you update the theme.

$post_title = get_the_title($post_id);
            $post_link = get_permalink($post_id);

/* Custom Code - Start */
            if ($context == 'portfolio') {
                $gallery_link = get_post_meta($post_id, 'mo_portfolio_gallery_link', true);
                if (!empty($gallery_link))
                    $post_link = $gallery_link;
            }
    /* Custom Code - End */

if (empty($before_html)) {
                $before_html = '';
                $after_html = '' . $after_html;
            }

vtango123

Thank you so much for your help…i will do the trick for all the rest …

vassilis

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Portfolio link’ is closed to new replies.