portfolio items

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    anna

hello,

thanks a lot for answering my first question so quick. it is a pleasure to work with your theme and i will recommend it.

i still have one questions:

can i add more fields to the portfolio items in the right column?
    “url”, “client”, “author” and “date” is fine, but i would like to add some more like “place” etc.
    i changed the single-portfolio.php. but how can i add these new fields to the wp-backend to fill them?

thank you!
    best regards
    anna

Raghavendra

If you have some basic familiarity with php, you can add the fields to the backend by making some simple edits to the file framework/admin/portfolio-admin.php. You just need to see how the existing fields are being added and follow the same code for adding new fields.

anna

When i edit something in the “single-portfolio.php” it shows right on frontend.

but nothing i change in “portfolio-admin.php” will change the backend. even if i only translate the names for the fields. it does not show. i wanted to add new fields by copying this:

<p>
    <label for=”portfolio_author”>Author:</label><br>
    <input id=”portfolio_author” name=”portfolio_author” type=”text” value=”<?php echo $portfolio_author;?>”/>
    </p>

can you help me? thanks for your patience!
    anna

anna

i copied all other lines including “author” in that dokument aswell

anna

i got it!
    i edited the file framework/admin/portfolio-admin.php in the mother-theme and not in the child-theme-folder. then it worked fine

all the best!
    anna

Raghavendra

Glad you were able to figure this out. Thanks for letting us know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Agile Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.