Portfolio Grid Navigation Menu Bar Color/Customization

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums SiteOrigin Widgets Support Portfolio Grid Navigation Menu Bar Color/Customization

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Kelsey Smart
    Participant

Hi,

I have a few things I have been trying to accomplish but can’t seem to find the correct CSS to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Change the red bar in the navigation for the portfolio grid.
    2. Increase the padding under the post excerpt on portfolio item.
    3. Is it possible to change the post/project on the thumbnail to show an icon instead of the text?

My website is: http://fizzy-shake.flywheelsites.com/our-projects/

If you need anything me know.

Thanks,
    Kelsey

Veena

1.Pls use the below custom CSS in themeoptions-

.lsow-filter-item.lsow-active:after {
        border-color: transparent;
    }

2. Can you pls share a screen shot that shows where exactly you need the change.?

3. We don’t have this feature atpresent.

Kelsey Smart
    Participant

Hi,

1. I tried adding that CSS but the bar is still red. I would like to change it to be another color.

2. I have attached a screenshot to help you.

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Kelsey Smart
    Participant

Hi,

I wanted to let you know that I figured out how to add the padding to the excerpt summary. However, I still need help with changing the color in the little bar in the categories menu.

I also have one other question:

I was trying to add text to the except/summary, is there any way to create line breaks, it keeps displaying continuous text but I need to show addresses underneath.

I need the text underneath to display as:

123-45 Airport Road
    Calgary, AB
    T2E 7R3

Thanks,
    Kelsey

Veena

Pls have the below custom CSS in themeoptions –

.lsow-block-header .lsow-taxonomy-filter .lsow-filter-item.lsow-active:after {
        border-color: transparent;
        border-bottom: none;
    }

Regarding exerpt : I ll try in my test installation and get back to you..

Kelsey Smart
    Participant

Hi Veena,

I tried that CSS but it removed the red line, I was wanting to change the color of it to be orange instead of red. I tried changing the border-color to be orange instead of transparent and removed the border-bottom but it still hasn’t changed.

If you could let me know about the excerpt that would be great.

Thanks,
    Kelsey

Veena

I am seeing orange color border on your projects page. Hope you managed this already.

Regarding exerpts i did try adding br tag and custom exerpt plugin but still have the same issue.
    Let me check what other options can try on this and ll get back to you with a solution.

Kelsey Smart
    Participant

Hi Veena,

I managed to get it to change to orange, so that is working.

I was wondering if there was an update on the excerpt?

Thanks,
    Kelsey

Veena

Can you pls try this plugin –
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-excerpt/

Kelsey Smart
    Participant

Hi,

I tried using that plugin but it doesn’t seem to work. I still get the <br> that appears in the text.

Is there any other solution?

Thanks,
    Kelsey

Raghavendra

If you remove the following code in includes/blocks/module.php at line number 178 –

$output .= wp_trim_words(wp_strip_all_tags(strip_shortcodes($excerpt)), $excerpt_count, ‘…’);

with

$output .= $excerpt;

the formatting is preserved. You can have this change in your local installation for now until I find a solution to this. wp_trim_words() function removes all formatting for some reason and we need the same to let users control the number of words that can be output as excerpt.

Kelsey Smart
    Participant

Is that in the child theme or in the theme files?

Raghavendra

This is in the plugin Livemesh SiteOrigin Widgets Pro installed on your site.

Kelsey Smart
    Participant

Hi,

I have updated the modules.php with on line 178 with the replacement you recommended and it still doesn’t allow me to add breaks to the text.

Thanks,
    Kelsey

Raghavendra

Can you pls post a temp login to the site as a private message here? The change I posted has been tested in our dev server and works fine. I would like to see what’s happening in the above server and tailor the change accordingly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Portfolio Grid Navigation Menu Bar Color/Customization’ is closed to new replies.