Portfolio Category Page?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ant1225

Hello,

I was wondering if it were possible to have a “Portfolio Category Page?” Meaning that all of my portfolio pieces under the same category will have their own page? Ultimately I want to sort out my portfolio categories by pages.

Thank you!

livemesh
    Keymaster

This is something I have been planning to implement but have not found time due to being busy with multiple things, including the release of my new theme. Give me couple of days time and I can try get it up and running and release an update or send across the solution to you. Thanks

ant1225

Hello,

It is great to know that you have considered doing it before. Now, do you think that is possible to find some sort of solution this weekend? The reason that I ask is that I need my site done by mid-next week. Thank you in advance!

livemesh
    Keymaster

I think I can get it done by Tuesday or Wednesday next week. I am caught up with some refactoring of existing framework which I must get it done by Monday. Hope that works for you.

Meanwhile pls let me know what details you would like to see in this page. There are various ways to do it but I was wondering what exactly you had in mind for this portfolio category page. Thanks

ant1225

Tuesday or Wednesday of next week sounds great! Thank you!

As for the details of what I have envisioned?

I would like the ability to use the “Portfolio 3 Columns Sortable” template page as my parent page. This would be the main page for my portfolio categories.

From there I would make a drop down menu and include a page for each one of my portfolio categories. The template that I would like to use for the portfolio category page would be “Ajax Portfolio 3 Columns” page.

Perhaps there can be a way to enable a sidebar to the portfolio category pages? If not it is all right.

Also, another question on the sortable pages. Why is it that whenever I click on a category filter link, the page is automatically redirected to the top instead of loading the category right there? This is kind of annoying in my case because I have a large header. So you can only imagine the inconvenience.

But thank you for working with me, it is truly appreciated.

livemesh
    Keymaster

I have emailed you the changes which will be part of the update coming in next couple of days. Pls have a look and get back to me if you find any issues. Thanks.

ant1225

Hello,

First off, I would like to say thank you for providing me with the changes requested.

However I am having some difficulty understanding the changes. I would like to know if you can explain to me how I can get a page displaying all of the entries with the same category? Do I have to use a specific shortcode? Which template do I use? How do I select which category I want to display?

Thank you!

livemesh
    Keymaster

There is no need to create portfolio pages or use a specific template. Just use specific URLs like –

http://yourdomain.com/?portfolio_category=inspiration

http://yourdomain.com/?portfolio_category=nature

which lists based on slug you specified for each portfolio category. In fact, if you have made the required changes, you can see these pages by clicking on the category links which pop up when you hover on portfolio items.

May be we need a menu or a sidebar for this to take care of navigation, but make sure you have everything setup where you see the above pages functioning before we setup some kind of navigation. At present the navigation will be through the portfolio hover only or through menu items which point to URLs like the ones I listed above.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Enigmatic Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.