Please watch this short video and provide advice

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums FitPro Theme Support Please watch this short video and provide advice

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rjparkerjr

I’m using the classes module which I love. I need a way to have the same effect of an image with that “View Details” box when you hover over the image. What I need is to be able to set the link URL. How can I change the link URL on those images?

Here’s the 2 min video I made.
    http://helloron.com/profit-072114/

Raghavendra

The hover is already there as seen here –

https://www.livemeshthemes.com/fitpro/#classes

Are you saying you need the View Details button to point to somewhere else?

rjparkerjr

Exactly, I want to be able to set a custom URL on each image. Example if a have a page dedicated to dogs and another to cats and I have a dog image and a cat image, I want to be able to set that “view detais” link not to go to the post page but rather to the more details dog or cat page, or for that matters even a URL offsite to a remote URL. This is really important for me and will solve several issues. Can you help me with this?

Raghavendra

It is best to hire someone to do such customizations. Here is the change required –

1) Pls modify the line number 133 of framework/presentation/custom-post-types.php file to –

'supports' => array('title', 'editor', 'thumbnail', 'page-attributes', 'custom-fields')

2) Enter a custom field named mo_custom_url to the class in the class edit window. Pls search Google for more information on Custom Fields in WordPress if you have not used them before.

3) Insert the following code into framework/functions/post-functions.php file at line number 667 –

$custom_url = get_post_meta(get_the_ID(), 'mo_custom_url', true);

if (!empty($custom_url))
                $post_link = $custom_url;

That should do it. Pls give a try.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘FitPro Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.