php7 support + wordpress 4.9.1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jason Keltz
    Participant

Hi.
    I just upgraded to PHP 7.1.12 on my web host, and Invent theme generated all kinds of deprecated errors on each page. When will this theme properly support php7? The main page for the theme should probably indicate the PHP version supported since I assumed that since WordPress has been supporting php7 for years that Invent theme would be by now as well. I dropped PHP version to 5.6 and the errors went away.

In addition, I see that the theme reports WordPress 4.8 support. WordPress is up to 4.9.1 now. Will this support be added in the near future?

Thanks!
    Jason.

Raghavendra

We use PHP 7.1.1 in our dev environment and same in our demo server too and see no errors/warnings at all. Is it possible to post the specific errors seen by you here?

The theme has been tested with 4.9 and is compatible. We have a minor issue reported with color picker in theme
    options which will be fixed in upcoming update. A CSS fix for the same has been posted in the forum already just in case it bothers someone.

Jason Keltz
    Participant

Sure.. when I use php7, I see the following at the top of every page:

Notice: Only variables should be passed by reference in /local/wordpress/wp-content/themes/invent/framework/option-tree/ot-loader.php on line 98

Notice: Only variables should be passed by reference in /local/wordpress/wp-content/themes/invent/framework/option-tree/ot-loader.php on line 326

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; MO_Flickr_Widget has a deprecated constructor in /local/wordpress/wp-content/themes/invent/framework/widgets/mo-flickr-widget.php on line 12

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; MO_Popular_Posts_Widget has a deprecated constructor in /local/wordpress/wp-content/themes/invent/framework/widgets/mo-popular-posts-widget.php on line 13

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; MO_Recent_Posts_Widget has a deprecated constructor in /local/wordpress/wp-content/themes/invent/framework/widgets/mo-recent-posts-widget.php on line 13

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; MO_Author_Widget has a deprecated constructor in /local/wordpress/wp-content/themes/invent/framework/widgets/mo-author-widget.php on line 13

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; MO_Featured_Posts_Widget has a deprecated constructor in /local/wordpress/wp-content/themes/invent/framework/widgets/mo-featured-posts-widget.php on line 12

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; MO_Related_Posts_Widget has a deprecated constructor in /local/wordpress/wp-content/themes/invent/framework/widgets/mo-related-posts-widget.php on line 12

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; MO_Advertisement_125_Widget has a deprecated constructor in /local/wordpress/wp-content/themes/invent/framework/widgets/mo-advertisement-125-widget.php on line 12

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; MO_Social_Networks_Widget has a deprecated constructor in /local/wordpress/wp-content/themes/invent/framework/widgets/mo-social-networks-widget.php on line 12

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; MO_Contact_Info_Widget has a deprecated constructor in /local/wordpress/wp-content/themes/invent/framework/widgets/mo-contact-info-widget.php on line 13

When I change to PHP 5.6, the errors go away.

Raghavendra

Looks like you have an old version of the theme installed on your site and hence these warnings.

Jason Keltz
    Participant

Hi.

Yes – I was running 3.5, not 3.6. After installing 3.6, along with WP 4.9.1, and PHP 7.2, I now only get these errors:

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /local/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/revslider/includes/framework/functions-wordpress.class.php on line 258

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /local/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/breadcrumb-navxt/breadcrumb-navxt.php on line 88

You are correct that there are no longer Invent errors.

As a result of the errors, I had to go back to 5.6.32 anyway.

I’m assuming that revslider will update relatively quickly. According to revslider web page, the latest version is 5.4.5. The version included with Invent is 5.4.6.2, so their information on their web site is out of date. Maybe there’s an update that will be included with the next release of Invent.

I’m running the latest version of breadcrumb-navxt. However, I see a message in their support forum where a user mentioned the error. They haven’t updated breadcrumb-navxt in a while.

Jason.

Jason Keltz
    Participant

breadcrumb-navxt has been updated. The only thing stopping me from running this Theme on the latest PHP7 is that the revslider needs a line fix to make it work with latest PHP7. Will you be releasing a 3.7 version of Invent with the updated revslider?
    Thanks..
    Jason.

Raghavendra

Jason,

You do not need to wait for another version of the theme. You can ask us to email you the latest version of revolution slider by mentioning this topic and submitting the form here – https://themeforest.net/user/livemesh#contact. Thank you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.