PHP get_theme_option Errors

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kzkotval

Hi,

I keep receiving these PHP errors any time I try to execute code within my development environments.

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_theme_option() on a non-object in /srv/bindings/62cb44ea87c34a709639363f4c3a3ae5/code/wp-content/themes/invent/framework/functions/page-customization.php on line 136

bc.. 2015-11-14 00:34:47+0000 [-] Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /srv/bindings/62cb44ea87c34a709639363f4c3a3ae5/code/wp-content/themes/invent/framework/functions/page-customization.php on line 133

I took the following steps to debug:
    – disabled all plugins
    – reinstall Invent
    – cleared caches in WordPress

Site URL:
    asucstudentunion.berkeley.edu

Wordpress login:
    Username: kzkotval
    Password: 4$8)7846N^#aqp

Hope you’re able to help!

Veena

Can you pls provide more details about the issue? Which code you are trying to execute?

kzkotval
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

Looks like the root cause of this issue is there has been an initialization error. Are you sure the functions.php is getting called? Looks like the global vars are not being initialized since this particular file is not being called in the right way and that is the first file which gets executed by WordPress.

I am not sure about the exact scenario which causes this error. When exactly do you see this error? Is there a way we can replicate this – that’s what I am driving at. I see that the dev environment is working on its own but wanted to know what steps lead to these errors and how are they configured.

kzkotval
    Raghavendra

I do not think this has anything to do with the update. Looks like the workflow script is not really initializing and storing the state of the theme right and assumes that everything is a function and not an object with a state. Large number of themes are written with functions alone (no OOP) and hence the tool has no issues is my guess. It just depends on how the script is written and what assumptions the script makes about a theme. Sorry – it is really hard to support every tool out there. If this particular script is somewhere on the web – open source, I may be able to make some time to take a look at what’s happening.

kzkotval
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.