PHP Errors

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Micah Kleid
    Participant

Hi, we have been having a lot of trouble with our site lately and thought it had to do with our web hosting service. Specifically, lately, we have been unable to access the Plugins page from the dashboard to update the plugins we need to run our site (basically the engines to our car). However, this is the message we received back from our web hosting team today:

“I believe I have pinpointed this issue as it directly relates to your theme. After creating a test user for my self to replicate the issue I could see the 404 error when trying to access the plugin page as you described. Afterwards, I enabled wordpress debug mode and tried to access the plugin page again. I was immediately prompted with the following error.

PHP Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/univvld/public_html/wp-content/themes/invent/framework/option-tree/includes/ot-functions-admin.php on line 69

This tells me, that the theme itself is coded with functions that are not compatible with newer versions of PHP. To test this I set the site to use php70 and attempting to access the page again. Doing so I was able to access the page with no errors. I would like to recommend having the developer of this theme address this issue. If this theme is actively updated it should not be long before a patch or update is released to provide better compatibility. If the theme is no longer in development I can recommend a great Developer that is partnered with liquidweb. For the time being I have left it on php70 so you can see for yourself.”

Please advise as to how we should proceed.

Thank you.

Raghavendra

There is an update scheduled in next couple of working days that addresses all the issues and more. It is a complete rewrite of backend with major performance and customization benefits. Pls watch out for the same and get back to us if you have queries after the udpate is applied to this site.

Micah Kleid
    Participant

How will I know when the update is available?

Raghavendra

You will receive a notification in the email used for your ThemeForest profile.

Raghavendra

The 5.x version of the Invent theme has been released. It is a huge update with large scale changes to the backend. If your site is live, pls test the new version in a test site before updating to the new version.

Micah Kleid
    Participant

We are currently running the child version of the theme. How do we:

1) Download the new version of the theme?
    2) Install it on the site without losing all our settings and other customizations?

Micah Kleid
    Participant

Hi, just following up on my last message. With the child theme running, how do we:

1) Download the new version of the theme?
    2) Install it on the site without losing all our settings and other customized options?

Raghavendra

Ideally, if you have not made any major customizations to the theme backend, you should not face any issues with the latest update and all settings should be retained. To download the update, pls use https://envato.com/market-plugin/ or just login to your ThemeForest account to download the update. You can delete the earlier version and upload the new version of the theme.

Before you update, pls make sure you go through the detailed writeup on the changes made to the 5.x version of the theme in the documentation for the theme. It is located in the main theme bundle downloadable from ThemeForest account.

Lisa Thompson
    Participant

I received the following warnings from a php check I did on my site with your theme. Here are the results:
    FILE: /home/customer/www/lisat7.sg-host.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/appdev/framework/option-tree/includes/ot-cleanup-api.php
    ———————————————————————————————————————————-
    FOUND 0 ERRORS AND 2 WARNINGS AFFECTING 2 LINES
    126 | WARNING | INI directive ‘safe_mode’ is deprecated since PHP 5.3 and removed since PHP 5.4
    280 | WARNING | INI directive ‘safe_mode’ is deprecated since PHP 5.3 and removed since PHP 5.4

FILE: /home/customer/www/lisat7.sg-host.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/appdev/framework/option-tree/includes/ot-functions-admin.php
    ————————————————————————————————————————————–
    FOUND 0 ERRORS AND 1 WARNING AFFECTING 1 LINE
    69 | WARNING | Function create_function() is deprecated since PHP 7.2; Use an anonymous function instead

I believe you can solve this: ” 69 | WARNING | Function create_function() is deprecated since PHP 7.2; Use an anonymous function instead”, which is the only issue I’m concerned about. Once it’s updated, you’re fully compatible so I can update my PHP so the site will perform faster. Please let me know if you are willing to solve this. Site URL: http://lisat7.sg-host.com/

Raghavendra

Lisa – are you using the latest version 5.x of the theme? We thought we fixed all the errors sometime back and hence wanted to confirm.

Also, can you pls post this to a separate thread on Appdev theme instead of Invent. Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.