Optimising Website and Hamburger menu

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Peak Theme Support Optimising Website and Hamburger menu

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vanthog
    Participant

Hi

[1]
    I’ve just made my website live after developing it on localhost. Since it is my first website I was learning by trial and error so it is not optimised. Is there a few other Peak live websites that I could compare against as a benchmark?

My website is Boringwells.net

The website seems to be slow – I’m in the process of optimising the images but there is other issues (screenshots – optimise2 & 3).

Especially the one on Firefox Firebug console which shows js/main.js (line 20) 200 request has been forbidden by antivirus (see screenshot optimise1).

When I started developing the website on localhost the updating speed after each revision of a page would be slower upon checking the page text I noticed that a KPM plugin script was being added with each revision slowing the updating so I removed them because I found out that this was to do with Kaspersky Password Masterkey plugin that I was running as an add-on with Firefox which I then disabled – problem solved. The reason that I am going through all this is that it might have something to do with main.js problem in some way.

Any suggestions on how to optimise the website would be appreciated.
    Like which widgets I can deactivate I have two lots Livemesh and Siteorigin not sure if they slows things down – is there an easy way to identify/list which widgets are being used so I can deactivate all the rest?

[2]
    Also the Hamburger menu (just found out what those 3 horizontal lines are!) how do I modify it? At the moment it is on the default settings and is a bit confusing when the website is accessed though a phone and it is clicked.
    Thanks for your time and overall I’m pleased with the Peak theme
    Gerry
    Login
    username: temp@peak33support
    password: 5wc3@peak!9ad

Raghavendra

Pls use a caching plugin like WP Super Cache – a must if you need to optimize the site. No need to disable widgets. Disable WooCommerce if you are not using the same since it does add some AJAX scripts for the cart function which can slow things down in spite of the cache.

Good that you are optimizing the images since they can slow things down quite a bit.

For side menu, pls add a menu with your desired links in Appearance->Menus and set the same “Side Menu” to point to that menu of your choice in the Manage Locations of Appearance->Menus.

Regarding anti-virus I am not too worried – there is absolutely nothing in the code at line number 20 in main.js which should cause someone to flag the same. You should just disable that addon.

Raghavendra

If you are not a big fan of Revolution slider and do not have much use for its myriad features, pls disable the same and use something simpler like Meta Slider which is freely available on wordpress.org. Rev slider is usually a big hog of browser resources – CPU and Memory.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Peak Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.