@Nexus – Dougweb, temp login for thumbnail issue

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Agile Theme Support @Nexus – Dougweb, temp login for thumbnail issue

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    dougweb
    This reply has been marked as private.
    dougweb

Regarding HTTPS I guess you are serious…

Ok, most of the world believes strongly in an encrypted web. Selective use of https is known to be less secure. Our company, among many believe all websites should be https, and leverage all the technology available to protect users. This is a common trend in industry.

Suggesting otherwise really makes you guys lose credibility in my eyes.

Please help me resolve the thumbnail issues. I like the theme but it’s frustrating to not have it work as advertised.

Raghavendra

Hi Dougweb,

Sorry for the frustration. I found the solution to your thumbnail issue. It has nothing to do with HTTPS or WordPress thumbnail generation in the theme. It is a result of some code refactoring we did in one of the previous versions of the theme and looks like this bug escaped everyone’s attention because they went with Aqua thumbnail generation (which works only with non-HTTPS sites and perhaps needs some extra folder permissions with HTTPS).

Since we chose WordPress thumbnail generation in your case, we hit this issue and now we know the fix. Unfortunately, I do not have FTP information on your site and hence need you to either apply this fix yourself or post the FTP information here as a private message.

The fix is simple – you need to replace the following code in line number 288 of framework/functions/thumbnail-functions.php –

$thumbnail_element = get_the_post_thumbnail($post_id, $image_size, $atts);

with the new code

$wp_thumb_name = mo_get_wp_thumb_name($image_size);
                $thumbnail_element = get_the_post_thumbnail($post_id, $wp_thumb_name, $atts);

and all of your thumbnail issues will be resolved. FireFox should be ok after this code change but it is a good idea to have the small CSS fix below in Custom CSS in theme options (I already applied this in your installation).

.team-member img {
        width: 100%;
    }

Sorry again for the trouble. Thanks for helping us find this. Do let me know the FTP info in case you have trouble applying the above change.

Raghavendra
    This reply has been marked as private.
    dougweb

Hey, marked this issue as resolved. Thank you for your help. I will update my rating as well.

I am not a web developer, but I am a software developer – and I understand that there will inevitably be bugs, and its possible to miss something. Thank you for following up with me. Your fix worked.

There are still some outstanding issues, but they are not my main priority right now. I will post new threads if I unable to resolve them myself.

For now things are good, and the theme looks great. Cheers guys.

Raghavendra

Thanks Doug, again really appreciate your patience/understanding.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Agile Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.