Missing items in portfolio section

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Agile Theme Support Missing items in portfolio section

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bigspin

Hi,

I recently launched a site using this great theme.
    However there seems to be a bug regarding filtering portfolio items based on category in the portfolio section of the start page.

Try the following pages:
    Start page: http://www.brainpeople.se/#work
    Portfolio category page: http://www.brainpeople.se/ad_category/it-teknik/

Note: I have changed the slug from portfolio_category to ad_category in my child theme.

When filtering the portfolio by the category “IT / Teknik” on the startpage I can only see 2 items. But when filtering by the same category on the portfolio category page, I see 3 items.

Shouldn’t the start page show all items in the category up to the maximum number (in this case 6)? We do not want to increase the maximum number to solve this since we don’t want to show more than 6 items at any time.

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Ernesto

Hi! We’re sorry but the filterable portfolio seems to we working as shown on the demo. The start page is set to show only a few items of each category, not to show the full category.

Could you send us a screen shot of what you wish to accomplish to check which kind of modifications would imply?

Cheers!

Bigspin

Hello,

I have attached an image of the issue, which is that not all portfolio items under “IT / Teknik” is shown on the start page – one is missing.

/ J

Ernesto

Hi! Sorry, but I’d need to check the back end of the website. Could you send us a temp user in a private message so we can provide you with the exact code you need?

Cheers!

Bigspin
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

Can you check if the following post helps –

https://www.livemeshthemes.com/support/forums/topic/portfolio-issue-2/#post-7531

You will need to perhaps set the post_count to a higher value so that the category item is covered with the shortcode.

Bigspin

Unfortunately we do not want to increase the maximum number (post_count) to solve this since we don’t want to show more than 6 items at any time.

Ernesto

Hi! If you use the shortcode shown in the post copied above using the post count six should work out for you.

Let us know if you need further assistance!
    Cheers!

Bigspin

That is what I have been doing all along, this is the shortcode I am using:

[show_portfolio number_of_columns=3 post_count=6 image_size=’square’]

Still there is one item missing in the category “IT / Teknik” when that category is selected on the start page (as seen in my attached screenshot).

Raghavendra

Looks like the login no longer works. BTW, this shortcode unfortunately does not pull items on hitting the filter and just sorts by category whatever is shown when “Alla” is shown. If an item is not visible when “Alla”/All is chosen, it will not show up upon hitting the category. If you need the item to be seen, you need to increase the post_count or just have one of the existing items removed to accomodate the one you are missing.

It’s a matter deciding which are the top six you want the user to see. If you need to prioritize the data, I can post the code here or you can change the date of posting the portfolio item to help the missing one show up (most recent 6 portfolio items show up).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Agile Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.