February 11, 2014 at 11:37 pm #4390
I am also having a problem with meta descriptions for my site using this template.
Each browser seems to have different content it’s pulling randomly from the AppDev based theme pages. Even after adding the plugin Yoast SEO, I can’t seem to get the description I want to populate to work.
Here’s the description:
Mobile Apps and Gamification of Events | EventQwest
“Build better events with our planning & gamification platform. Create an interactive experience sponsors, exhibitors & attendees will love.”
Can I simply add the Meta description code to the CustomCSS section in the Theme Options for AppDev?
ALso, it now puts unnecessary and duplicate information into the page name/description.
IE (here’s what Google sees in snapshot):”HOME | Mobile Apps and Gamification of Events | EventQwestMobile Apps and Gamification of Events | EventQwest” .
See Google Snapshot attached to get a sense for what I’m seeing.
Haven’t had this problem before…
MFebruary 12, 2014 at 1:15 am #4393
Can you please post a temp login to your site as a private message here? Will have a look. Thanks.February 12, 2014 at 4:30 pm #4404This reply has been marked as private.February 13, 2014 at 12:20 pm #4438This reply has been marked as private.February 13, 2014 at 12:27 pm #4440This reply has been marked as private.February 15, 2014 at 12:35 am #4491This reply has been marked as private.February 17, 2014 at 8:30 am #4549NexusModerator
Our mail servers had few issues and hence you didn’t receive any notifications. But that is fixed now. Meteorite will take a look at this issue. Thanks!February 17, 2014 at 2:07 pm #4570
I checked the site and see a few things –
1) The site does not have a name entered in the Settings ->General tab. May be it is just an experiment but I would strongly advise you against blanking it out. For example, due to this, the site logo with the h1 tag in the home pages does not have a title associated with it. I have read from one of Matt Cutts’ blog posts that Google has a way to know the site title even if you have an image logo and I assume the image title would be one of the strongest indications.
2) The title and descriptions are getting populated for all the pages and the title and description specified for the home page is taking effect too.
3) I could not get the time to check if you have already done so, but it helps to also expand a bit in the page content on the description you would have entered in the meta description. Gives a little more credibility to the title and description you specify in the SEO plugin.
4) I also changed the title of the home page to match that of the title tag. Pls check
Hope this helps. Beyond this, we just have to wait until Google corrects itself over a period of time as you get linked from outside for a specific keyword and it starts trusting the SEO changes made.
- The forum ‘Appdev Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.