Making a new template?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    fxscreamer

I normally make new templates for many themes I purchased, but this theme acts differently. I wanted to make a template similar to the Full Width, but stripped down without the menu and some other items. I’ve had no problem doing that, but here’s the issue:

Even if I copy the code verbatim from “template-full-width.php” to my new “template-blank.php”, it doesn’t act as a full-width template. It always has the sidebar. It appears the theme is specifying what templates do what somewhere else. (layout-manager.php perhaps?)

I simply just want to make a custom full-width template.

livemesh
    Keymaster

The code has evolved over a period of time and with so many possible layouts (fluid width, full width, 2 column, 3 column with many variations), I will look for some opportunities to simplify and get some cleanup done.

To play with the framework nicely, just look for template name in the code. To have a layout like the template-full-width.php, pls modify the functions and add your template name there –

mo_is_wide_page_layout()

in utility-functions.php (will move this to layout-manager.php when I do cleanup) and

is_full_width_page()

in layout-manager.php file.

Tested it and works fine.

For other possible layouts, pls modify the function –

get_page_layout()

in layout-manager.php. Thanks

fxscreamer

Thanks that seemed to do the trick.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Enigmatic Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.