Main Navigation not working on subpages

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Agile Theme Support Main Navigation not working on subpages

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bonifer

Hey there,

I have a slight problem with the navigation on a clients page. I’ve built a single page as the static home page. There are also subpages with permalinks on which now the main menu is not working. I reckon the smooth scroll plugin which catches the anchors and scrolls to the ID is disabling the link to the root from a subpage. Means theres no response in the browser because it’s ignoring the URL and only checks the “#link”. Any workaround for this? Or am I missing a setting?

Thanks

Veena

Can you pls share the link and temporary login credentials of your site as a private msg here?

bonifer
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

I checked your installation but looks like the divs with corresponding ids are actually missing and hence scroll is not happening. Can you provide us an example of a page with div with a certain id and smooth scroll is not working.

bonifer

Ok. I think my question was kinda confusing.

Let’s say you click on a link in the submenu on the second mainmenu-link “Ihre Lösungen” -> “ERP Systeme”. Then you are on a subpage. Once you’re on that subpage I have the links in the mainmenu pointing at the Start/Home page. So when you click now on “Unsere Referenzen” I want the page to go back to the Start/Home and scroll to the appropriate div. But instead it tries to go to a div that doesnt exist on that page.

I hope this makes it a bit more clear what the problem is.

Thanks!

Raghavendra

I opened a ticket with the developer of the jquery plugin to resolve this issue –

https://github.com/kswedberg/jquery-smooth-scroll/issues/64

Raghavendra

Pls unzip and upload the attached file to the folder js/lib – replace the existing file (pls rename the existing one as .bak just in case you need it) with the attached one.

Hanzjuh

Hi,

What was the sollution for this matter? Have the exact same issue, and it is very confusing right now.

Please let me know.

Best regards,

Hans

bonifer

Thanks a lot. That fixed it for me. Maybe you can make the lib publicly available to everyone 🙂

Raghavendra

Well we should thank the plugin author who responded so quickly. Sure will be part of upcoming update for everyone.

Hi I have the exact same problem. I can’t really tell what to do, or how to fix it. Is it possible you could tell me in plain english what to do? – I’m new to programming and WordPress.

Hope you’re able to help.

thanks
    Michael

Raghavendra

rurupandersen – Have replied to your thread separately. Closing this one. Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Main Navigation not working on subpages’ is closed to new replies.