Main menu not working on portfolio subpages

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Agile Theme Support Main menu not working on portfolio subpages

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    papernoise

First of all, I really love this theme, everything just worked neatly out of the box with a minimum of effort needed to get things going. After having had some bad experiences with other wordpress themes, this has been a great pleasure.

The only small problem I have (but it might be something I’ve messed up) is that the menu does not work properly on the portfolio pages:

Basically if you got to the website where I’ve used the theme:
    http://www.papernoise.net
    click on “Portfolio”
    and then on eiter “contact” or “about” you’ll notice that nothing happens.
    I’ve tried to enter a full path (including index.php) in the menu editor in wp, but it still does not work.
    I can set a custom theme for the portfolio page of course, but I can’t do this for the subpages (the single portfolio entries).
    Can you please tell me what I can do to solve this?
    Thanks a lot in advance,
    Hannes

Veena

Pls update the theme, We have released an update (10 November) which has this fix.

Thanks

papernoise

thanks a lot! The update you mention is 3.1, is that correct?
    I’ve just checked and that’s exactly the version I have installed, so I guess something else must be wrong.

papernoise
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

I have fixed this by creating two menus – one similar to the other only with no www prefix attached to the URL. The Home references the current menu you had on your site while all other pages will refer to the duplicated menu.

The Smooth Scroll plugin seems to have a problem with www prefix (may be subdomain URLs too). Will contact the author of the plugin to get this fixed. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Raghavendra

I reverted back to the default menu. Looks like setting the permalink fixes it. The presence of characters like question mark or the equal to symbol in the URL (as in http://www.mydomain.net/?page_id=5246) seems to confuse the smooth scroll script. Your site is working like before but only with the permalink changed to a valid URL. I would assume you would change the permalink to some format anyway for SEO purposes. I will mark this closed.

papernoise

Working like a charm now! Thanks a lot for solving this so quickly!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Main menu not working on portfolio subpages’ is closed to new replies.