Live Mesh Grid link dead zones

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Siavash Golkar
    Participant

I’m not sure if this is by design but it is kinda driving me crazy. There are zones in livemesh grid links that are not clickable (to the right and left of the title). This can be very annoying for a user if they were to click on the image at a random place and it doesn’t work. Is there anyway to fix it? I tried playing around with some css codes but couldn’t manage.

Another little quip that I did manage to fix with css code is number of items per row (e.g. in masonry layout). The problem is the grid not making use of the entire width available. There is a lot of empty space to the right of the grid ending up showing one less item and being a little lopsided and unseemly. A little bit of css fixes this. E.g. for 3 items per row using code:

.lsow-portfolio-wrap .lsow-portfolio .lsow-portfolio-item {
    width: 32%;
    }

fixes the problem.

Raghavendra
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Siavash Golkar
    Participant

I am currently using the free version but I noticed that the problem exists for all cases (pro or not) where there is a hover overlay with text. E.g. every example here: https://www.livemeshthemes.com/siteorigin-widgets/livemesh-grid/

As an example, in the attached image, the region in dashed blue is not clicky on that site.

Raghavendra

It is very much clicky and does lead to the connected post in our website. The premium version as well as the free version has been updated to handle clicks on hover. Pls make sure you have the latest version on your site since older versions had this issue. If you still have trouble, pls post a link to the site where this is happening. Thanks

Raghavendra

Ok I see that you have marked the horizontal section where the clicks are not happening. I thought this was a minor issue since the link to the post is very much present in the form of title. And we have two links there – one to the post and another to the category. Not sure if it is a good idea to make this area clickable when there are multiple links are present.

Siavash Golkar
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response.

Maybe I should clarify that I am only talking about certain regions in each image. If you look at the image I attached above, the regions that I have shaded in blue, are not clicky. As an example just go to the website https://www.livemeshthemes.com/siteorigin-widgets/livemesh-grid/ and try any of the items. The region to the left and right of the title is not clicky. (Just mouse over the entire image and you will see which parts are clicky and which are not.)

Siavash Golkar
    Participant

[quote quote=29998]Ok I see that you have marked the horizontal section where the clicks are not happening. I thought this was a minor issue since the link to the post is very much present in the form of title. And we have two links there – one to the post and another to the category. Not sure if it is a good idea to make this area clickable when there are multiple links are present.[/quote]

I just saw this response. I agree that it might be a matter of taste. But when the category is present and the title is small, the dead zone can be very large. Sometimes even more than 50% of the image. See attached image.

[attachment file=30001]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘SiteOrigin Widgets Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.