Lightbox image pop-up for portfolio entries

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Extinct Theme Support Lightbox image pop-up for portfolio entries

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    maxmays

I’ve searched the documentation and forums here, and I couldn’t find a clear answer. Does Extinct theme support having a lightbox pop-up on images, specifically images on portfolio pages? If not, is there a particular plug-in that plays better with the theme than others?

Thanks,

Max

Raghavendra

The lightbox is supported by default on blog pages and portfolio pages like this one on the preview site –

https://www.livemeshthemes.com/extinct/portfolio-3-columns-sortable/

When you hover over the images, there should be a plus sign which shows up along with the title which when clicked, opens up the lightbox image.

Single portfolio pages do not support lightbox by default although there is a way to enable it by specifying the right markup in the content.

maxmays

Is there an example of the correct markup somewhere on the theme demo? I’m not a programmer obviously.

Raghavendra

Here is the link to the prettyPhoto lightbox plugin website –

http://www.no-margin-for-errors.com/projects/prettyphoto-jquery-lightbox-clone/documentation/

but the markup is as simple as having a link with an extra attribute rel=”prettyPhoto” and it should link to an image URL. The content of the link can be anything – text(like Preview text below), image (img element) etc.

Preview

I see that the prettyPhoto lightbox script is not being loaded in single portfolio pages for the Extinct theme (since we try to optimize the page load by not loading unwanted scripts). You can load the same by modify the line number 537 of framework/framework.php file to remove the if condition or have the below condition

if (is_archive() || is_singular(array('post', 'page', 'portfolio')))
                    wp_enqueue_script('jquery-prettyphoto', MO_SCRIPTS_LIB_URL . '/jquery.prettyPhoto.js', array('jquery'), '3.1.4', true);

to help load the prettyPhoto script which helps load the image in the lightbox.

maxmays

That works great. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Lightbox image pop-up for portfolio entries’ is closed to new replies.