JS errors

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Raghavendra Raghavendra 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Pascal
    Pascal
    Participant

Hi

I’m using Authentic theme. This theme has 0 JS errors in the browser console (you can test by yourself here: https://authentictheme.com/authentic/2016/04/24/what-makes-your-citys-style-unique/).

But when Addons for Elementor Pro is activated I hage some JS error coming from the main JS script of the theme.

(I have test without any other plugin activated except Addons for Elementor Pro and of course Elementor+Elementor Pro.)

Thanks

Attachments:
    Veena
    Veena

Can you share a link to your site, pls?

Raghavendra
    Raghavendra

A temp login to the site would be helpful. I am being redirected to login when I access your site (seen in screenshot).

Pascal
    Pascal
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Pascal
    Pascal
    Participant

FYI I have asked the same question to the authors of Authentic Theme, and they said to me that it is maybe because both of you are usgin the same WayPoint Library…

Pascal
    Pascal
    Participant

Your are using waypoint and it is register with:

wp_register_script(‘waypoints’, LAE_PLUGIN_URL . ‘assets/js/jquery.waypoints’ . $suffix . ‘.js’, array(‘jquery’), LAE_VERSION, true);

But my theme also use this library: https://drop.codesupply.co/20180214154801bg014.png

So I have tested by commenting out your wp_register_script(), and all the errors disappeared…

So… it seems that this library does not suffer to be registered twice, how to deal with that.

Thanks

Raghavendra
    Raghavendra

Can you ask the authentic theme folks to use the handle ‘waypoints’ to register their script? That way only one of the registrations will pass through and there won’t be two sets of scripts being loaded. This is one of the best practices followed and enforced in fact by ThemeForest review team to avoid duplication.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention – I think our handle name is generic enough and hence requesting the change from the theme side. If they have a better name we can consider the change from our side.

Pascal
    Pascal
    Participant

I have passed the message but di you looked at their scripts? > https://drop.codesupply.co/20180214154801bg014.png

There are always using ‘waypoints’ as handle… if I’m not wrong…?

Pascal
    Pascal
    Participant

FYI I have disable you waypoint register in the stagging site I gave you access, so it’s normal if you test that you do no find any error anymore…
    I’m not a developper, but just a end user, so it will cool if you contact them to solve this issue…
    Thanks

Raghavendra
    Raghavendra

I will research some more on your site (don’t have a copy of the paid theme to test on mine) and send a message to them if required. Will update you on what I find. Thanks

Pascal
    Pascal
    Participant

Hi
    Authors of Authentic theme do not want to change anything + they do no provide support for third party plugins according to the Envato Support Policy…

So, I’m stuck with this issue.

Raghavendra
    Raghavendra

Sorry have been busy with some changes we were planning to rollout for integration of fancybox lightbox. Will look into this issue within next few hours and get back to you. Thanks for your patience.

Raghavendra
    Raghavendra
    Pascal
    Pascal
    Participant
    Raghavendra
    Raghavendra

The issue was due to we using an old version of waypoints and some API changes on waypoints side in the new version. We are done with the fixes. You should see an update on Monday. Thanks for helping us uncover this issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Elementor Addons Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.