jQuery Visual UI Editor Break

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    zludlow

Most of the content of my site using the Squash theme is presently not able to be updated due to the following error with the theme: see attached image

Look at the following urls and search for “template.get” to see others who are having similar problems and have been offered support by the theme developer. My suspicion is that one of the base components that the theme relies on, jQuery UI, has been updated and has a change that breaks the visual UI editor of the theme.

http://themeforest.net/item/porto-responsive-wordpress-woocommerce-theme/9207399/comments?page=125

http://themeforest.net/item/bakery-wordpress-bakery-cakery-food-theme/11112118/comments?page=33

The following is the text of the error in the screenshot attached:
    backend.min.js?ver=4.10:6 Uncaught TypeError: $template.get is not a functionvc.shortcode_view.Backbone.View.extend.html2element @ backend.min.js?ver=4.10:6vc.shortcode_view.Backbone.View.extend.render @ backend.min.js?ver=4.10:6vc.visualComposerView.Backbone.View.extend.appendShortcode @ backend.min.js?ver=4.10:6(anonymous function) @ backend.min.js?ver=4.10:6(anonymous function) @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mo…:71m.each.m.forEach @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mo…:71vc.visualComposerView.Backbone.View.extend.addChild @ backend.min.js?ver=4.10:6vc.visualComposerView.Backbone.View.extend.addAll @ backend.min.js?ver=4.10:6_ @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialo…:78m @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialo…:78f @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialo…:78l.trigger @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialo…:78i.extend.reset @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialo…:78t.success @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialo…:78vc.shortcodes_collection.Backbone.Collection.extend.sync @ backend.min.js?ver=4.10:6i.extend.fetch @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-ui-resizable,jquery-ui-button,jquery-ui-position,jquery-ui-dialo…:78(anonymous function) @ backend.min.js?ver=4.10:7(anonymous function) @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mo…:71

Raghavendra

Can I get a temp login to the site? I do not see why the Visual Editor would break since we are not customizing it in any way in our theme.

zludlow
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

You just need to update the Visual Composer and the error should go away. Can you pls upgrade your VC to the latest version 4.11.2? The current version 4.10 certainly does not work with WordPress 4.5 version.

zludlow

Thank you for your reply.

Updated it now and the issue still remains. Were you able to look in to my initial problem?

[attachment file=21580]

[attachment file=21579]

Raghavendra

Still the old VC 4.10 is activated. I do not see the VC updated.

zludlow

I see that now. Will you help me understand why I need to purchase a new license of VC? I thought that came with the template.

zludlow

I deleted the old version, and attempted to upload the new. I am getting this error:

zludlow

Wow. NOT deleting. Assuming that is why I cannot upload the new version.

Veena

Pls try to add the newer version using FTP .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Squash Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.