Issue with Captions & Blog Post Nav

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Appdev Theme Support Issue with Captions & Blog Post Nav

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bebold

Hello!

Sorry to trouble you but I seem to have an issue with 2 items upon launching my blog.

1. CAPTIONS: Caption font settings seem to be set SOMEWHERE and are set on my APPDEV site to 18px and a dark color. Totally the opposite of what I’d like.

I’ve tried to find the settings for these in the theme to reset, but no luck. I’ve tried changing the CSS in the Custom CSS section, but it’s not working.

.wp-caption .wp-caption-text, .entry-caption {color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 13px;}

and
    .wp-caption-text {color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 13px;}
    and
    .entry-caption {color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 13px;}

No luck.
    Ideas?

2. NAV/BLOG I’ve noticed that once I select a blog post in the Blog page it then goes to the page but doesn’t note in the web address that it roots from the Blog nor does it note that this is part of the blog on the navigation bar (the page select bar hovers under the “home” tab instead of the “Blog” tab). That’s misleading and confusing. So, am I missing a setting somewhere?

Hope you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
    M

Nexus

I went to the page and couldn’t find any captions that you mention. I see the page perfectly fine. Pleas let me know if you have changed something. About the second point, thanks for bringing this to our notice. I have notified the developer about this issue and we will fix it in the next update. Thanks!

bebold

Hi Nexus,
    I removed the caption because I couldn’t figure out how to make it look right and had to get the blog post up for the site.

I’ll create a dummy blog that won’t go live so you can see what I mean. It will be “Testing Blog Caption for Tech Support”

Glad to help on the glitch spotting (and to hear you will have it fixed at some point).

M

Nexus

Sure. Let me know when you create the test page. Thanks!

bebold

It’s up!

Thanks,
    M

Nexus

Can you post the url please. Just reply here as a private message with the page url. Thanks!

bebold
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Nexus

Hi,

The caption styling is working if you put the styling at the very top in the custom css. Please check. Once you move the styling to the bottom, it no longer works (in fact none of the custom styling I tried worked).

This issue arises when there is a error or unknown character in the css code that you write, which breaks all the code after it. So I see that you have entered a few custom css of your own, that is causing this problem.

Right now I have put the styling at the very top, but would recommend you check your css code in some css editor. Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Appdev Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.