Integrating Invent & Learndash Courses

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support Integrating Invent & Learndash Courses

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    amjaved

I’m having difficulty linking “Courses” in the Invent Theme, with “Courses” that are configured in the Learndash plugin – how do I link them together so that when you “add to cart” in the Theme, it takes you to the corresponding Learndash Course page? Is there another way to link these together?

amjaved
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

I would assume you would use one of them not both. The courses of Invent Theme is one custom post type while the learndash one is another. If you are going to create an LMS, I would urge you to use LearnDash courses and related custom post types of LearnDash like lessons, topics, quizzes etc. and if you are just capturing the courses for a college/school without LMS functions, you may use the theme ones. The two, again, are not linked to each other and we don’t plans to do so either. Hope this makes sense.

amjaved

Thanks for the reply – I understand that the custom post types are different. I wanted to use the “Courses” and “Course” pages from the theme because they are beautifully laid out and present the information very clearly using the theme post-types. But I then wanted the user to be taken to the Learndash course page only after registering. I don’t mind creating 2 separate entries for each course, 1 in the theme, and the other in Learndash. Enabling some sort of linkage would make Invent+Learndash a perfect combination. You would get the beauty of the theme, plus the functionality of Learndash. That’s what I thought I would get by buying both of them. Please consider doing this linkage. Thank you.

Raghavendra

Thanks for the detailed reply. Makes better sense now. Will think over providing the same if there are enough requests.

For now, you can provide a link to the learndash course manually in the content of the theme course custom post type. You can hide the link until registration using one of the plugins on wordpress.org like this one –

https://wordpress.org/plugins/private-content/

amjaved

Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Integrating Invent & Learndash Courses’ is closed to new replies.