Importing LearnDash course page theme options only

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support Importing LearnDash course page theme options only

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kdgbalmer

Hi there,

Lovely looking theme – thanks for your hard work!

I’ve got an existing blog at sensiblechinese.com
    I’ve just added learndash and I’ve switched over everything to your Invent theme (the main blog AND for the new course I’m putting together)

I want to replicate the look of your Learndash course page (the Web Programming 102 at https://www.livemeshthemes.com/themes/?theme=Invent) but don’t want to use Option tree/theme option import as per the setup video. I fear this will overide my current blog at sensiblechinese.com

Is there a way to import the theme options only for the Learndash course related pages? Or if I import the options will sensiblechinese.com still look similar? I don’t want to import the theme options if it will wreck the front page!

Any ideas how to get the course pages replicated without the rest?

Second, the top menu on sensiblechinese.com is too big. It looks like because I have so many menu items there is an enforced line break. What’s the best way to fix this to reduce the size of the top menu?

Here’s a WP login if need to poke around:
    sensiblechinese.com/wp-admin
    username: livemesh
    pw: Livemesh2015!

Cheers,

Kyle

Raghavendra

I do not think the existing page will be broken by importing the theme options. There is no separate theme options for Learndash courses as such. I hope you are not referring to sample data when you mean theme options. You can retain the same home page in Settings->Reading page since theme options do not modify the home page. Either way, I would advise you to start with a test installation and then verify everything looks ok before you make any change in the live blog. That way you get to try a lot of things without worrying about the consequences. You can create a wordpress installation in a subfolder or subdomain of existing site and experiment with it by making it a private blog.

Menu – you will need to balance the dropdown and top level menus. Multiple levels of dropdowns are also possible to help reduce the clutter. You can also consider using a plugin like the UberMenu if you need to accommodate a lot of items on your menu –

http://codecanyon.net/item/ubermenu-wordpress-mega-menu-plugin/154703

Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.