Import not working for 1st home demo

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Peak Theme Support Import not working for 1st home demo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kmcaloon

Hi, so ran into a strange issue. I ran all of the imports of the WP content as well as slider. All of my pages are showing up fine and I am able to edit them in the pagebuilder plugin — except for the first homepage. All of the styling is broken on the frontend, and on the backend when I switch to pagebuilder it asks me if I want to convert the editor’s content into the pagebuilder. When I select yes it simply takes all of the raw content in the WYSIWYG editor and sticks it in a single text block. I attached screenshots of both problems.

Now I though there might have been some sort of error with the imports, so I deleted all of the pages, cleared the trash, and reimported all of the content. The same problem occurred. It’s so strange that as far as I’ve tested this is happening only for this single page. It is installed locally but in needbe I can push it up onto a staging server. Just let me know.

Thanks.

Raghavendra

Can you pls post a temp login to the site – I can take a look. This is really weird.

kmcaloon
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra

I was able to import the home page and had no issues. Have made the same home page.

I momentarily deactivated your child theme and activated Peak and now find an error in the child theme that it is broken due to missing parent theme. Pls check.

kmcaloon

Hmm. Thanks looks like the case was wrong when specifying the parent theme. I’m not sure this would have been related to the homepage content failing to import. What exactly was your process? Did you first delete the homepage, deactivate the child theme, then reimport the entire demo file?

Raghavendra

I did not follow any special process – renamed the existing broken home page, the import was done with child theme activated and I did check the page with child theme activated and things looked good. Only later I switched to Peak theme and saw the error. Not sure why the first import failed.

BTW, I created an import file with just the two home pages to save time. I do not think that made any difference at all, in my experience.

kmcaloon

Thanks, really not sure what happened there. Everytime I try to import the demo content locally the main homepage fails. However as a workaround I did an export of the page you setup on the demo server, imported it locally, and everything is working fine now.

Still not sure what exactly was going on there, but thanks for the help/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Import not working for 1st home demo’ is closed to new replies.