Images (parallax, portfolio, …)

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Austin Theme Support Images (parallax, portfolio, …)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    astrbac

Guys, is there a reference as to what size/ratio should the photos be in order to look good everywhere?

I’m primarily reffering to the portfolio images but also, a general guide would be most helpful.

Cheers!
    Alex

Nexus

We have used 800 x 600 px for the portfolio images. I would recommend a ratio of 12:9 for small and medium images. For large images 11:6 ratio works out fine (for eg 1920 x 1080 px).

Veena

Image size can be mini, small, medium, large, full, square.
    We have set it as ‘medium’.
    You can change it in loop-portfolio.php and see which image size will be good for your portfolio images.Possible image sizes are given in the documentation.

astrbac

Thanks for the tips guys and kudos for prompt support!

Just a sidenote – how did you kake the “overlay” (or a gradient) on the photos to make them look more alike? It seems to me there is a greyish overlay, maybe a new layer made in Photoshop, with 20% opacity or so, with radial gradient brighter in the center, darker toward the edges?

It looks really pleasing to the eye and makes the whole portfolio look more “even”

Nexus

You are right about the technique. Create a layer at top of the image layer and fill it with a gradient. Set the blend modes to overlay or soft light and change the opacity to say 30% or so. Hope that helps!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Austin Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.