How to use mo file in Languages Folder?

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Extinct Theme Support How to use mo file in Languages Folder?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    palmtree
    Participant

Hello,
    I would like to have Japanese translation.
    In WordPress config file, I defined WPLANG to JA and the control panels are all in Japanese but not the website.

There is a languages folder inside extinct and fould po and mo files so I copied es_ES.po then changed it to ja_JA.po. After that I edit some parts using PO edit (if save then saved as mo automatically right?). I uploaded to Languages folder exists inside extinct theme folder but nothing changed or happened….

I guess, I’m doing this wrong.
    Could you please tell me what I should be doing?

Nexus

Probably you missed the below step:

You have to tell WordPress which language to use to activate the theme translation.

You can do this by editing the wp-config.php file (the file is located in the main directory of your WordPress files) and defining the WPLANG constant. You have to set your language code there, for example fr_FR for French translation.

Just add the line below to your wp-config.php or change it if it already exists:

define (‘WPLANG’, ‘fr_FR’);

Hope that does the trick. Thanks!

palmtree
    Participant

Wow! Thank you Nexus,
    I just followed your advise and it works as I wanted!

Nexus

Great 🙂 . Thanks for letting us know. Cheers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to use mo file in Languages Folder?’ is closed to new replies.