How to Install Update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kathferg
    Participant

I received an email from Envato Market that an update is available for the Fusion theme but there’s no guidance on the site as to which file or how to install it. Is it an individual update file or do I need to re-install the entire theme? How?

Thanks.
    Kathleen

Dungorthb

I would like to know this too please

Veena

Open your WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance > Themes. You can’t remove an active theme, so first activate the default WordPress theme (Twenty Fourteen) to be able to delete a theme required. Click the deactivated theme to see it’s details and click Delete button in the right bottom corner of it.

Use the same procedure as when you installed the theme for the first time. Everything you did on your Dashboard won’t get overwriten, the files you’ve modified, however, will be replaced with the new files. I recommend that you save them in separate folders so you’ll have them at hand to reapply the changes.

I use this handy plugin for auto updates of all plugins and themes – 
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/

Here upgrading is as simple as selecting the zip file to upload, selecting “Yes” from a drop-down, and clicking “Install Now”. It makes a backup of the existing plugin/theme as well in the media folder so you can always revert back or refer to the earlier version. If you made any changes to the source files (instead of child theme), you will need to redo them of course no matter what method you use for updating.

kathferg
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to Install Update’ is closed to new replies.