How to create video slider with HTML overlay?

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Agile Theme Support How to create video slider with HTML overlay?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jhodgski

I’m wanting to create a slider which contains a single slide, consisting of a background video (full width, no height crop, auto play) with my HTML form overlaid.

I’ve noticed there a few video shortcodes, but not sure which one to use. I’ve tried creating a revslider but the video (currently retrieved from YouTube) doesn’t display, although the form does.

Could you provide me with the steps do achieve this.

Thanks,
    James

Ernesto

Hi, I entered your homepage and the video seems to be workind properly. Did you manage to solve this issue?

jhodgski

No this is some development I am doing on my PC. It isn’t uploaded to the web yet.

(Which URL were you referring to, by the way?)

Ernesto

Hi, I´d a screenshot of where you want to position the HTML form to know how to do it. I believe your best option is going with a RevSlider.

jhodgski

Hiya,

Yes, I’ve ended up using Revolution Slider and have it sorted now. Not too tricky once you’ve worked out what’s what!…

Any idea, though, how I can get the full video to show? The video is 600px by 480px and currently the bottom part of the vid is getting trimmed off. I’ve tried all the settings in the “Video Size:” options but nothing seems to successfully get the whole vid to display.

Cheers,
    James

Ernesto

Hi, since I cannot see how you´re producing the code I find my hands a little tied. However, one thing that comes to my mind is that you set the width of the element containing the video on an absolute value, and the video on another absolute value, only lower.

However, if that doesn´t work, and you have a link or something we can check, we´d be more than happy to assist you.

jhodgski

I’ve found the height is hard set to 600px in the Slider Settings screen, so I just need to change that. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘How to create video slider with HTML overlay?’ is closed to new replies.