How to create a course page from Category?

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Invent Theme Support How to create a course page from Category?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    td_pete

Hi,

My educational establishment has a concept of programmes, which are made up of courses. Where a course can belong to multiple programmes. To represent the programmes I’ve been using categories and have generated programme pages using category e.g. http://bci.education/our-courses/employment-accelerator-programme/.

However I would like to do this as a page which would allow me greater freedom with the page design. Is there a way to do this?

I’m sure this would be very useful to someone else with the same problem.

By the way I’ve still lots of work to do but I’m finding your template very useful

Pete

Raghavendra

You can use the [show_post_snippets] shortcode (pls see documentation on this and use post_type as course and taxonomy as course_category) to display courses pertaining to a certain category.

Another way – if the data is not changing that much, you can even create web pages using the HTML generated by these category pages that you already have access to. When the course changes you may need to redo the HTML.

One last way if you want to change the course_category pages, you can change loop-course.php file to include category description as part of content (at present, it shows up on the top of the page below the title). Pls add the following code and something similar to line number 43 of loop-course.php file –

if (is_tax()) :

echo '
    '; echo do_shortcode(term_description('', get_query_var('taxonomy'))); echo '
    '; endif;

Hope this helps.

td_pete

Thanks Meteorite, using show_post-snippets worked a treat, just need to add that you use the “terms”parameter to specify the actual category you have set on the course.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.