How to change the orange color of the theme

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Extinct Theme Support How to change the orange color of the theme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    livemesh
    Keymaster

To change the orange color, pls have a look at the file css/default.css file. This file is exclusively for most skin/color related css. You can copy the contents of this small file into custom/custom.css and replace default color with color of your choice.

For someone new to CSS – Most of the color changes will happen when you just do text replace of the color “#c0442f” referenced in the file default.css with a color of your choice. See some example color codes here – http://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/named-colors-and-hex-equivalents/ or http://www.somacon.com/p142.php.

Hi Livemesh,

Thanks for always being so helpful, I’m needing to change the whole themes colour to a grayscale (from dark to light) theme.

I’ve look for this file but can seem to find it I’m an absolute newbie to editing css files, so need some help please, want to get rid of all the orange, hovering orange too.

Hope you can assist as always.

Warm Regards and thanks in advance
    Johan

livemesh
    Keymaster

Johan,

Will do my best to help. If you are aware of where the theme directory is installed, pls find the file here –

/wp-content/themes/appdev/css/skins/default.css

If you know the exact color that you need and its hex value, you can just do a text replace of the current hex value of orange color (#c0442f color) in this file with the chosen one of yours. Here are some examples of hex values of 500+ colors –

http://cloford.com/resources/colours/500col.htm

So, if the first line in this file is –

a, a:active, a:visited { color: #c0442f; } /* Orange Color -present */

you would change it to –

a, a:active, a:visited { color: #999; } /* Grey color – new */

and so on for the rest of the entries. Hope this helps.

Luke
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been trying to change the default colours on my site, I’ve edited the css extinct and extinct child style page, but despite hours and hours of pouring through the css, I can’t get the links in the blog sidebar, footer or testimonial section to change from red. I also can’t change the solid background bar colour that pops up when rolling over a portfolio item to change. There are no instances of the #c0442f left anywhere in the css and I’ve scoured the css for other hex values of red used on the site by taking a screen shot of the page and getting the hex value in photoshop. Is there a way to change these final colours? I’ll send login info in a private msg after this.

Luke
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Extinct Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.