How to change slug "course"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    palmtree
    Participant

I’m trying to change the theme default slug “/course/”. For example when I create a course called Lesson A. The permalink is written in like /course/lesson_a/ right?

Now..

I wanted to change this “/course/” slug to something else say “/lesson/”. I’ve noticed even if I change the rewite value 'rewrite' => array( 'slug' => 'course' ) to 'rewrite' => array( 'slug' => 'lesson' ) defined in custom-post-types.php, the change is only reflected on the permalink shown in course editing view but in actual URL is still unchanged outputting “/course/lesson_a/” which means that when I go to /lesson/lesson_a/, the page outputs 404 Not Found.

I want this permalink to be “/lesson/lesson_a” to be alive and active.

Other permalinks which came from post_type such as testimonial, department and staff were able to overwritten by rewriting the slug written in custom-post-types.php. It seems like only this “/course/” slug that is seemingly impossible to change.

Your advise is appreciated.

Raghavendra

Can you pls disable all plugins once, visit Settings->Permalinks once and see if the /course/ slug changes to /lesson/? I have had others change this and they reported no such issues. I am just wondering if you have some other plugin making this slug to stay.

palmtree
    Participant

You are absolutely right! I had the same issue before and now I even recall that I had asked you the same question..
    Just reset the permalinks (my case was selected “custom” so once make it “default” > save and then back to “custom” again) has solved this issue. Thanks for reminding me of this:)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘How to change slug "course"’ is closed to new replies.