How to backup in localhost?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jimmybb

Dear support,

Would like to setup an offline backup version of my current online website.

Have installed MAMP successfully on my mac and able to install wordpress press as per instructions:
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_Locally_on_Your_Mac_With_MAMP

Have also managed to import database from existing online website’s sql database.

However, localhost seems to show “Oops! That page can’t be found.” error instead of the full website. Can you please advise the steps on how localhost setup can be done for inventheme? Thanks!

jimmybb

Dear Support,

On a similar note, I’m trying a different approach which is to build from scratch. Tried uploading theme but get this error:-

Stylesheet is missing.

I’ve tried doing the manual copy and paste into the localhost theme folder but still get this error. Kindly advise thanks.

Raghavendra

Sorry about the delayed reply – the way I approach this is do and export/import of content through Tools->Import/Export in WordPress admin instead of restoring the database itself. So, from the online install you do an export and then import the data into the wordpress installation at localhost. Should work flawlessly.

The stylesheet is missing error usually means you are uploading the wrong file. Is there a theme file style.css in the theme folder after you upload?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Invent Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.