How can I edit the actual "Portfolio" Page?

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Austin Theme Support How can I edit the actual "Portfolio" Page?

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    hwazwaz

Hey guys, need your help. I’m trying to set up my portfolio page and I’m running into some problems. I can’t seem to edit the appearance of the actual portfolio page. I don’t know where it is on the site to edit it. Please help me find the page’s “location”.

Here’s an image of how the page looks like. I want to be able to add a slider like my other pages but need to know where the page is to edit it.

the second image is of another page on the site. I was able to add the slider and everything I wanted.

Veena

Pls go to “pages” -> All Pages and then search for “Portfolio” page and “Edit”.

Normally if you have admin rights the “edit page” should be there in the top of Wp-admin bar navigation .

hwazwaz

I did. I still can’t find it in pages. And I am the admin. Even when no page exists of that name I still have the page. I don’t know if it’s automatically generated or what.

Veena

Could you pls share temporary login credentials of your site as a private reply?

hwazwaz
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Raghavendra
    Raghavendra
    Veena

To ease try installing wordpress in to a temporary folder, import sample data and redoing things.Otherwise it will be difficult for you to figure out issues.

Here is the video tutorial link to set up the demo site —
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maHDG7TRDQs
    This tutorial talks about setting up of Agile theme but steps are pretty much the same for Austin as well and hence you should have no issues.

Thanks

hwazwaz
    Veena

You can change the template in the edit page “page attribute” area.
    pls find the attached screenshot.

We will prefer to import the sample data first and then doing customization.By doing so you will get an example page/pagesections of each type and then it will be easy to make the changes in the way you want.

hwazwaz

Thanks for all your help! I will spend some time tomorrow and make all these recommendations. I initially had trouble downloading the sample data. So I had to learn everything from scratch. I deleted the site over 5 times and even upgraded my hosting plan because I thought the issue was with uploading it itself.

I’ll let you know if I run into any trouble.

hwazwaz
    Veena

Pls update your theme to latest version .

You can download the latest version theme from your themeforest account > downloads tab .

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Austin Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.