"Home2" Menu Navigation

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    pszita

Hi,

We have been trying to get our head around how to tweak the menu navigation, but we stuck…

We are using “home2” navigation with the iphone slider in the middle, with all the menu items linked to each page section, but we cannot seem to be able to add a “blog” menu item linked to another page like on the Appdev demo site.

Could you please give us a hint how to get this sorted?

P.s. sorry for not getting back to you on the logo issue… I lost my emails hence no reposne from me on that one. We managed to sort it out in the end.

Cheers, pete

livemesh
    Keymaster

Glad you were able to resolve the logo issue. To insert a blog, it is as simple as checking a checkbox in the Page edit window for the Home 2 as shown below –

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9j6FQo4cSQFVG1DalMyUGZMY1U/edit?usp=drivesdk

pszita

Hi,

Thanks a million for your quick response!

It has all worked out at this end, although we have one more question regarding to the menu navigation…

Is it possible to hide the “Intro” from the menu bar, but to keep the intro page section on the home page?

When we take of the intro menu item the top section with the slider disappear….

Is there a workaround for this?

Cheers, Pete

livemesh
    Keymaster

You can hide the menu by having this custom css (assuming the menu is third in the list) –

#primary-menu > ul.menu > li:nth-child(3) { display: none; }

I notice though with this change, it so happens that none of the menu items are selected initially and the lava lamp menu highlight can disappear when you are at the top of the page. If you are ok with this, the above code should do.

Instead of hiding the menu, how about renaming this page section to something more meaningful than intro – something closer to what is being presented on the page? Something like App Features, Benefits or whatever enhances the meaning of that section, custom to what is being presented on your site. Hope this helps.

pszita

Hi,

That’s worked really well thanks a lot!!!

Now one more question regarding to something else….

At the bottom we have created a FAQs section and added a button linked to another page…

Now when you click that button it will not take you to that linked page instead it jumps up and down on the home page….

I have to click 10 or even more to be able to go to the another page…

Could you please help and figure out what is going on?

Cheers, Pete

livemesh
    Keymaster

That’s really strange. Are you sure the URL is right? Can you pls reply as a private message here with the site URL and preferably a temporary login to the WordPress dashboard and I can take a look. You may also email me the same (see bottom right box in my profile page). Thanks.

pszita
    This reply has been marked as private.
    livemesh
    Keymaster

The issue is resolved. Was due to ill-formed HTML which had a heading2 div open with browser getting confused on how to react to styling set (and the button had transition enabled helping it have that slide up effect). My best guess is that the browser was trying to apply margin-top= -15px inline styling to one of elements on click of a button and hence losing focus+ click on the becoming active. Just had to close the heading div on the top.

pszita
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘"Home2" Menu Navigation’ is closed to new replies.