Home Page – Sections Menu

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    iceheart01

Hi,
    I just installed the theme and I’ve followed your youtube guide. But I’m having problem with the HOme-page. I changed the default page with the Experimental but now, menu bar doesn’t work and when I change contents on page sections they don’t change in the home page. Can you help me?
    I send you in PV the website details.

iceheart01

Maybe I understood. When I have to change a content in the home-page I have to modify it in Page Section and Pages both? thanks

livemesh
    Keymaster

Sorry – pls ignore the Home – Experimental and Home – Experimental 2 page since it was supposed to be test pages for me to resolve an query/doubt one of our users had. They sneaked into the sample data without my knowledge creating this confusion. They use a different page template which does not support auto-built menu and page sections.

Pls use Home and Home 2 pages only which are the ones everyone should be using for creation of Single Page sites and pages which behave like the Single page with internal links in the navigation. All content will come from Page Section only for Single Pages. The content in the page itself will be ignored if the template chosen is “Single page Site”.

Pls go through the first section in the documentation called Installation which should explain in detail how the single page works and how to configure the page sections. Thanks

iceheart01

I bought this theme in order to use the Experimental Home that I saw in your Porthfolio and on Themeforest. So..what does it mean that I have to ignore it??

I’m working on it right now!

iceheart01

Could you please help me? I changed the home-page with the one you said.
    Now I have problem with the menu: once I click on one and I click on an other, it Goes up!
    Please, I need to fix it. This is the website: http://www.ebookvalidator.com

livemesh
    Keymaster

Ok there are two issues – one is that of experimental home and the other is of the navigation. This is just a configuration issue and not something to worry.

As I said earlier, the home experimental is just that – an experiment and hence needs to be ignored. Home and Home 2 is what you should be using. It’s hard for me to explain this but let me give a try anyway – what you see on demo site is all Home and Home 2 and the experimental pages are not linked or displayed anywhere. There is no way you can see these pages unless someone gave you their exact URLs. Having said that, the content that you see on the demo site is from page sections which help compose the Home and Home 2 single pages and you should have a look at these sections –

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9j6FQo4cSQFd1h3VnVPNUU1eE0/edit?usp=drivesdk

I would urge you to read through the very first section of the document thoroughly to obtain maximum benefit out of this theme and to leverage its flexibility. And probably your navigation issue too will get resolved too with that when you have the page sections in right order.

iceheart01

Ok.
    Thanks. But I don’t understand how to solve the menu problem and the link you gave me contain just an image.
    If you want I can send you admin acces for the website.

livemesh
    Keymaster

Pls reply as a private message here with the site URL and a temporary login to the WordPress dashboard and I can take a look. You may also email me the same (see bottom right box in my profile page).

Will help if you give details on exactly how you want the navigation to be or exact issue you are facing. Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Appdev Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.