Home menu link doesn't hover when scrolling back up single page

Support Forums for LiveMesh Themes & Plugins Forums Appdev Theme Support Home menu link doesn't hover when scrolling back up single page

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    sq2d

Hello, I noticed an odd little glitch with the menu hover effect that is also reflected on your demo as well. When in single page home, scroll down or jump to the links within the page and the menu hovering works as expected. However, try to scroll back to the very top of the page, and the hover never goes back to Home. Is this because the Home is a page link and not a section link? A client brought this up and I guess the disconnect is because when you first arrive at the site or have loaded the Home page again, the hover is on the Home link.

I’m guessing this is something that can’t really be “fixed” but I wanted to confirm what was causing the issue.

Regards,
    Frank

livemesh
    Keymaster

Frank,

Thanks for bringing this to my notice. This can be fixed is my guess – when the scrollbar reaches top, I can just highlight the menu item for the current page. I have noted this down as one of my todo items and probably will have a fix soon. Will let you know. Thanks again.

livemesh
    Keymaster

I have fixed this issue. Will make this part of the next update – should be out next week. Thanks.

livemesh
    Keymaster

If you need the same and want to give a try, let me know and I can send the same to you. Thanks!

sq2d

Sure, if I can follow along, I will give it a try. Thanks!

livemesh
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    sq2d

I don’t notice any change in behavior with the new main.js file.

http://nethero.wuhoo.us

Frank

livemesh
    Keymaster

I will fix the problem when I release the update. But meanwhile you have to append the home url in the menu with a “/”. Change the url from http://nethero.wuhoo.us to http://nethero.wuhoo.us/ . Thanks!

sq2d

Thanks for the replies. The theme is currently automatically generating the menu links (behind Home in the first position) based on the sections and pages I have without selecting anything from Theme Options > Single Page. If I select the sections and pages I have in the Single Page settings, Sections appear first in the nav menu followed by Pages (and Home now appears twice).

Are you both suggesting that I need to create a WP Menu with custom links so that I can either append the Home url with a “/” or setting the target for the Home link as #header? I don’t see how I can adjust the Home link otherwise with the auto-generated links.

Frank

livemesh
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    sq2d

Thank livemesh! This latest main.js file works and the Home link triggers when scrolling up or clicking on the back to top button with the auto-built menus.

I don’t know if this is related (and this was already happening), but when I refresh the site or load the site on a new browser window, the menu loads with the next section (Product Tour) highlighted in the menu instead of Home.

Regards,
    Frank

Raghavendra

This looks like a “bug” – probably something to do with section being visible when the page loads although the demo site does not have this issue at least with the home page. Will check what’s happening. Thanks for reporting this.

Hi livemash,

I have the same problem. How can i fix it?

Thx.

Nexus

Hi toolsplanning,

We are releasing an update soon that will fix this problem. Meanwhile, can you share the link of your site, so that I can take a look. If you don’t want to wait for the update I can share the latest main.js file with you.

Hi Nexus,

Firstable thanks a lot for your answer. I’m working on your theme here http://www.bnbplanningsoftware.com/WP/ but that link will be valid only for few days.
    I would be very grateful if you could help me with this problem. I have to finish this site in 2-3 days.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Appdev Theme Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.